Strange noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lynnwood, WA
Lately, my sulcata has been making this odd noise.. it's been about 3-4 days since he started doing it.

The noise is hard to describe.. it sounds like a hiccup/croak. Most of the time, his mouth is not even open when he does it. It scared me when I heard it the first time. He's acting fine, eating and pooping normally.. no sneezing. I fed him and looked into his mouth and there's nothing wrong. I really hope it's not a respiratory infection :( The temps never go below 75 deg. I have been making the temps higher lately and he still makes that noise. I've never been to a vet before either and don't really know how it works and how much it costs for a checkup.

Akronic

5 Year Member
my Russian makes a similar noise, it's almost like he's clearing his throat, but it's like this swallowing noise in the back of his throat. more like a burp/croak kinda

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
:( I'm getting more worried. The noise actually starts to sound like squishing a rubber ducky.. there's a very squeaky noise.
Sometimes he opens his mouth now.
Can someone tell me what it's like going to a vet? Do I need to call for an appointment or do I just stop in?

I can't find any good vets in Spokane. All the ratings are bad! I need help!

Would VCA Animal Hospitals or Banfield Pet Hospital? :( :(

I found a list: http://www.yellowpages.com/spokane-wa/reptile-veterinarians?g=Spokane,+WA&q=Reptile+Veterinarians
Would someone recommend me a vet? :(

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Please help! :( My tortoise seems to be making the noise very frequently.

Here's a video of him making noises:
http://tinypic.com/r/o0os9/6 It was recorded yesterday.
I'm veryyyyy worried. Right now he's not opening his mouth when he does that. I don't know what's wrong with him! It must be a respiratory infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.