Stones!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainPugwash'sMum

5 Year Member
Hi, looking for advice!

Captain Pugwash has lived with us for 18 months and is generally normal for a Russian!
This summer is turning out quite nice so far (we are in North West UK) so have let him spend time in the back garden over the last few weeks. He does seem to enjoy the change but every time I turn around he is eating stones!

I'm now very worried and Pugwash is miserable being kept in (currently staring out of the patio doors) - and he's missing the sunshine.

Any ideas please [TURTLE]

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Instead of letting him wander the garden, what if you built him an outdoor enclosure where you add a stone-free substrate. That'll be easier than trying to remove all the stones from your garden.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
He can go out when it's not sunny. As long as he gets some basking time first, he will be fine! It gets a lot colder in Russia than here. He is cold blooded, so he needs the basking time to start his day and get going if there is no sun to do the job for him.

I get round the lack of sun in the UK by having a dog kennel outdoors with a basking lamp in it. Joe warms up in there in the morning and then goes out to deal with the weeds on the lawn when he is up to temperature. The lamp is on a timer and is only on from 7am to 11am which is plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.