Steve the baby Sulcata

Akihimeko

Location (City and/or State)
APPLE VALLEY
Steve seems to only like kale I put collard, hibiscus, and cucumber to see if e'd eat anything else and mope. I also tried giving him some with a little dusting of VD3 and won't eat it at all, also won't eat the pellets either. Is that ok? IMG_20210723_093159.jpg

Also it funny ell do a lap or two after it eats then ell stare at it's hide and then sleep

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No, it's not okay. All one item is not good. Add a bigger variety then you listed and do not give any kale until he eats some of the other items. No cucumber, that's usually used when extra hydration is needed. Also be sure to soak the pellets.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Steve seems to only like kale I put collard, hibiscus, and cucumber to see if e'd eat anything else and mope. I also tried giving him some with a little dusting of VD3 and won't eat it at all, also won't eat the pellets either. Is that ok? View attachment 329625

Also it funny ell do a lap or two after it eats then ell stare at it's hide and then sleep
Where did you get him? How was he started? What did the breeder feed him? Are you housing him in a warm closed chamber? Keeping him warm a night?

Akihimeko

APPLE VALLEY
Where did you get him? How was he started? What did the breeder feed him? Are you housing him in a warm closed chamber? Keeping him warm a night?
Some lady(rando vendors that sell things in LA) had him in downtown la in a pink box with iceburge lettuce she had been there for three days cause we walked around there during the weekend. when I was shopping for fabric. He currently in a tank 48 by 14 I keep it covered with tin foil, it's usually at 89 to 91 degrees with 70-80 humidity. I check about 3 times a day and if it gets low I usually add in hot water to keep it up. I do the soaking every day when I got em had poop sticking to his tail but I do my best to keep em clean. (He doesn't like when I have clean his bum) I got all the lighting and heating mentioned in the care guide y'all made. I just bought em the closed enclosure from the mark person should be done in six weeks. I feel like he's pretty happy, seeing as he walks about eats pretty well. He does pee more than poop his poop kinda water poop like a fish poop and really triggers best when I do the like warm soaking. also I watched him this morning and he totally ate the cucumber I added though I noticed he doesn't like being watched.

Akihimeko

APPLE VALLEY
Al
Some lady(rando vendors that sell things in LA) had him in downtown la in a pink box with iceburge lettuce she had been there for three days cause we walked around there during the weekend. when I was shopping for fabric. He currently in a tank 48 by 14 I keep it covered with tin foil, it's usually at 89 to 91 degrees with 70-80 humidity. I check about 3 times a day and if it gets low I usually add in hot water to keep it up. I do the soaking every day when I got em had poop sticking to his tail but I do my best to keep em clean. (He doesn't like when I have clean his bum) I got all the lighting and heating mentioned in the care guide y'all made. I just bought em the closed enclosure from the mark person should be done in six weeks. I feel like he's pretty happy, seeing as he walks about eats pretty well. He does pee more than poop his poop kinda water poop like a fish poop and really triggers best when I do the like warm soaking. also I watched him this morning and he totally ate the cucumber I added though I noticed he doesn't like being watched.
Also the lady said it was a Russian box now I know his not as in my Hip post everyone confirmed his a sulcata also I don't know gender I just assuming his got a pretty long tail

Akihimeko

APPLE VALLEY
No, it's not okay. All one item is not good. Add a bigger variety then you listed and do not give any kale until he eats some of the other items. No cucumber, that's usually used when extra hydration is needed. Also be sure to soak the pellets.
I'll try and as for pellets I did soak he just won't eat em.

Learning123

Riverview
Steve seems to only like kale I put collard, hibiscus, and cucumber to see if e'd eat anything else and mope. I also tried giving him some with a little dusting of VD3 and won't eat it at all, also won't eat the pellets either. Is that ok? View attachment 329625

When I first got my guy he didn't know much of a variety, after introducing it everyday he began to try new things. Mustard greens was his favorite now he rarely wants store bought Lettuce. He always wants grass, mulberry and his hibiscus leaves and clovers. But if I don't offer him them and give him dandelions, and green leaves from the store he'll eat them. The spring mix is also I good go to for him