Stay Safe Our Friends In Florida

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Just heard from a friend in Homestead, he is doing fine, his home is fine but the yards are destroyed in his area and the power is out and will likely be out for a long while. He is thankful as it could've been a lot worse in his opinion.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
Heard from @cdmay hes fine. No power and a big mess but no damage.
Nothing from @allegraf yet but their house is also fairly high up. Hoping no tree or roof damage.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
So is everyone from Florida OK?
My daughter in Sunrise, South Florida, had trees down and some flooding but the house was OK and they were all fine.

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
On the east central space coast. More oak leaves on the ground than left in the trees. Snapped 2 off, missed the house. Got sunburned raking leaves under my trees. Must have a hundred wheelbarrow loads. Amazed at only lose of power for 8 hours. Incubators stayed at 85. Sons house is a few hundred yards from Palm Bay tornados. Restaurant across the street from him lost its roof. Thank God him and grandson hunkered safe with me and the wife and 5 redfoots. Better off than most Floridians at Redfools house.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
We are still without power in Lake Worth. But then, after growing up here and spending all but 3 of my adult years in the city, we have come to know that two pigeons landing on the same wire will cause major power outages.
So a hurricane tends to really cause befuddlement with the city's power folks.
We're typically without power for close to 2 weeks after hurricanes. Even ones that occur on the other side of the planet.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
We are still without power in Lake Worth. But then, after growing up here and spending all but 3 of my adult years in the city, we have come to know that two pigeons landing on the same wire will cause major power outages.
So a hurricane tends to really cause befuddlement with the city's power folks.
We're typically without power for close to 2 weeks after hurricanes. Even ones that occur on the other side of the planet.

Yikes. hopefully they get the power on for you and everyone else in Florida soon. In the meantime eat some pigeons since no one will say anything in the aftermath of a hurricane :)

allegraf

10 Year Member!
We are all safe. Lost power for a while. Fled to Miami with the kids, left poor Mark to hold down the fort. Electricity finally came back up yesterday, but no internet and spotty connections. Torts were fine before, during and after the storm. No damage to the pens as we used railroad ties. Two girls also laid eggs after going back in their outdoor pens.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
We are all safe. Lost power for a while. Fled to Miami with the kids, left poor Mark to hold down the fort. Electricity finally came back up yesterday, but no internet and spotty connections. Torts were fine before, during and after the storm. No damage to the pens as we used railroad ties. Two girls also laid eggs after going back in their outdoor pens.
Great, I am sure we are all glad to hear you got through OK!

Bryan

10 Year Member!

Glad to hear that you are all ok and that things are starting to get back to normal.