StarWars: The Force Awakens

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
2 days togo correct, anyone going opening night?

Prairie Mom

I'm waiting until Monday the 28th to see it with my parents and most of my siblings during my holiday travel. I'll probably have to unwatch this thread starting on the 18th. I don't want to hear anything about it. I stopped watching trailers this year too. I haven't seen any of the teasers to come out.

Plus, I get so excited for Star Wars that I won't even be able to NOTICE whether it's good or not FOR YEARS. I'll still be euphoric from just watching the opening credits two Decembers from now.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Not me, but I think I have a good excuse.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not a Star Wars fan, but I've seen an awful lot of promos for the movie. Last night I saw a car commercial for Dodge where a whole bunch of white cars were in the street side-by-side in a long row of cars, and they looked so much like the storm troopers. It was a very talented commercial.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm not a Star Wars fan, but I've seen an awful lot of promos for the movie. Last night I saw a car commercial for Dodge where a whole bunch of white cars were in the street side-by-side in a long row of cars, and they looked so much like the storm troopers. It was a very talented commercial.
Dodge may not survive into the future judging by the way they are holding up in our fleet. Maybe a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I was 3 in 1977 but I was still taken to the movie by my parents.

Prairie Mom

I'm too young -only 35, but it's been a huge tradition for my family. We always watched it every Thanksgiving my entire life.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Disney at a sneak preview here in California last night for people in the know. First reviews are pretty damn good movie all around.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Definitely not making it to the premier, because all the go-getters swooped in and sucked up all the tickets.
Prairie Mom, will you stay away from spoilers?

Prairie Mom

Definitely not making it to the premier, because all the go-getters swooped in and sucked up all the tickets.
Prairie Mom, will you stay away from spoilers?
Yes, I'm doing the best I can. :) I haven't even been following trailers this year. I even skipped the one you posted here just in case there were new bits that I haven't seen or maybe forgotten. I want to be as surprised as I can and soak it all in at the theater. I plan to even stop watching this thread! So don't feel abandoned. :D

Prairie Mom

I don't know what to think about this!
I love it:D We let it play for a while just for kicks as we were doing stuff and the fire sounds even change! They actually recorded the sound of a burning fire for hours rather than looping the same noises over and over.

i watched i wont spoil it but is amazing i dont wanna say this but i creid alot even on the funny parts ive never seen any of the movies in theaters revenge of the sith only came out when i was about 7 months old my only problem is that some of the jokes were put in dramtic moments and was i guess you could say disneyd up but kylo ren is awesome

Prairie Mom

Here's some photos of my Nephew and Niece. They got to see Star Wars at a special premiere before it was open to the public. My Nephew won the tickets by winning a huge crowd competition of Jenga at a Comic Con.:)

Here's the photos they sent me...
star wars premier.jpg
Stoic Darth Maul and Lady Vader:)

star wars premier theater.jpg

Alright! I'm unwatching this thread! Enjoy the movie, everybody!!! :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Saw the original film in 1977 aged 11.
Went to the cinema and saw it about 8 times, the only time i've multiple watched a film at the cinema.
Loved it (obviously) .
Wasn't so keen on the second one thought the third one was pretty good.
watching them again before the launch of the Episode One thing , i saw that they weren't actually very good after all so never went to see Jar Jar Binks and co.
Bearing in mind I dislike Star Trek, but adore Doctor Who, don't like most superhero movies except The Watchmen and a couple of recent Batmans and like good acting and plotting, should I bother with this new one ?