Started new build

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bodfish
So I’m starting my inside table (closed table) for my babies in the next few days? feeling anxious as I start.. will post pictures as I build and the final project when done.. probably won’t be done for a while because I will second guess everything.. wish me luck lol

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
So I’m starting my inside table (closed table) for my babies in the next few days? feeling anxious as I start.. will post pictures as I build and the final project when done.. probably won’t be done for a while because I will second guess everything.. wish me luck lol
Enjoy for I learned that any new enclosures will be bought! ?

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
Have you thought about getting a waterland tub? Alot of people use big plastic totes too. Safe your time and money making the table and get the stuff such as the heat lamp, hide, substrate, thermostats and all the other stuff the shelled babies of yours needs. I used Waterland tubs for a long time while my box turtles and then my black mt. torts where young. I still have my tubs and actually growing veggies in them now. http://www.waterlandtubs.com/products.html

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Cheaper would be a grow tent turned on its side. Easy to assemble enclosure that is premade By a TFO member is @Markw84

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
me and my kiddos started the build.. so far everything is going as planned ?

84E1ABA4-8ABD-4F9A-A7A3-6F97AA53EC03.jpeg3BD37AB4-49C6-48A9-8826-A6C23667FBAF.jpeg648FE2FF-0288-4751-BBE1-3A2619B12712.jpeg2DACDE7C-E5E9-486B-A532-7A1CA0EF5FE8.jpeg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Nice saw I love my makitas since I feel they have some of the best battery technology! I had some scrap wood left over from my build so I made a charge center

Attachments

• A0705389-1729-4DD9-A257-2432736FADA6.jpeg
    A0705389-1729-4DD9-A257-2432736FADA6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
How wonderful to show your children how to build and to work together.
Yeah my son loves it and so does my lil girl but she hates loud noises lol.. so she was holding her ears a lot.. they definitely enjoy building with momma.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Nice saw I love my makitas since I feel they have some of the best battery technology! I had some scrap wood left over from my build so I made a charge center
Yeah their batteries are the best.. and I love that they last so long ? I have a lot of their tools.. I get new tools for almost every holiday lol. Tools are my best friend ?

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
I became ill and ended up in the hospital so I had to rush the build Before I went to the hospital so that my husband could properly care for the babies... I will do the finishing later (paint, crack/hole fill, sanding and trim) I have two of these in my house now, one for the sulcatas and one for the leopards. Once I’m feeling a bit better I will do the final details but for now it works and they are happy.

3ft by 9ft enclosures
humidity 80-100rh
Ambient temperature never lower than 85
temp control by thermostat
hot spot 100-104
Hot spot and lightning on timer
Orchid bark substrate
15 different kinds of grasses/weeds growing inside enclosure

((triple checked with temperature gun))

(will be adding a second hot spot and a second humid hide once I am able ?)

any issues seen please few free to let me know so I can fix It.

41E47AB8-665B-45C8-83DA-C73AF6BBE27F.jpegB447445B-EBCA-4D73-98F4-493DB8AB8A23.jpeg1F46C6A9-2E76-4B67-9FA8-1AC0DA201DA4.jpeg8273D5E3-355B-4F9E-A22D-20A70D9B0B45.jpeg

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
It is beautiful what you have made BrookeB! ?Your little shell babes are enjoying a little Heaven on Earth.:<3::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::<3: Sending prayers your way that you get well soon.
:<3: ? :<3:

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Do you have a link perhaps?
I’m really sorry I don’t for some reason cannot find the link. But if you search for “mini greenhouse” in amazon I’m sure you can find it. This is the one that I fount that is almost the same it’s just a little smaller

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SSS2K5M/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

But just a fair warning that is one of the biggest things I plan on replacing with a more attractive wood and greenhouse plastic. But from what I can tell the one I have would work for a year or two if I didn’t need to worry about my other animals... I have kids, dogs and a cat that could break it so that’s why I’m planning on replacing.

I used a plastic pond liner on the bottom and that is really really easy to install and works great.

solidsounds17

Inglewood, Ca
I’m really sorry I don’t for some reason cannot find the link. But if you search for “mini greenhouse” in amazon I’m sure you can find it. This is the one that I fount that is almost the same it’s just a little smaller

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SSS2K5M/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

But just a fair warning that is one of the biggest things I plan on replacing with a more attractive wood and greenhouse plastic. But from what I can tell the one I have would work for a year or two if I didn’t need to worry about my other animals... I have kids, dogs and a cat that could break it so that’s why I’m planning on replacing.

I used a plastic pond liner on the bottom and that is really really easy to install and works great.
What are the measurements on the one you bought? I plan on buying one that’s going to cover my 8ft table, which should house my leopard for the first 3 years, I’m hoping.