Started making our table

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhdez1998

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Citrus Heights, Ca
Okay we started making our torty table out of a old coffee table my husband made a few years back. I will add pictures as we go . :)
here is the first one.
15qbzgz.jpg

Pesky Fly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
The Moon
Looks GREAT!! I would love to be able to make that kind of "stuff" (for lack of a better word), its really neat!!!

JaneB

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
jhdez1998 said:

What an awesome idea, is that tile flooring? We are going to build one as well and thought about using the backsplash stuff you use behind your sink or stove or above your shower stall. I think the flooring would be easier to use and would come in such variety! :)

jhdez1998

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Citrus Heights, Ca
JaneB said:
jhdez1998 said:

What an awesome idea, is that tile flooring? We are going to build one as well and thought about using the backsplash stuff you use behind your sink or stove or above your shower stall. I think the flooring would be easier to use and would come in such variety! :)

Hi yes its flooring we got it at Lowes :)

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Nice, one suggestion I see is I would put both lights at the same end, that way your tort has a warm end and a cooler end. And I wouldn't put the food or water under the lights, Otherwise I like!! very nice are you gonna stain or paint the outside??

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Josey, I like your tort table. I love the flooring you selected looks like rocks. I am sure your little Greek will be very happy in there. I agree with Jen though about the lamps and if the water bowl is under the heat lamp it could get way to hot. Is that a rock or a piece of slate I see in the front of the table closest to the bottom of the pic? That will give him a good place to keep his beak and nails in shape. Also you might think about glueing a thin sponge to the top of his hide and keeping it moist. Which will provide him a humid hide. Or placing some moss in there and keeping it just damp. Do you have a thermometer and hydrometer to keep track of his temps and humidity. I found for mine that was a very very helpful tool.
Reallly do love the table and all the work you did on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.