Sri Lankan Star Tortoise

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
I have recently been looking at Star tortoises and radiated tortoises. I still have much to learn on them and I definitely would not be getting one anytime soon, but something struck me as odd when I was looking at for sale ads posted for them. Some people sell Sri Lankan stars for 500$ for a 2in~ hatchling, while others sell a 2in~ hatchling for 800-1100$+

1.) Why is there such a major price difference.

2.) What should a hatchling Sri Lankan Star actually sell for?

Thanks!

Killerrookie

I have recently been looking at Star tortoises and radiated tortoises. I still have much to learn on them and I definitely would not be getting one anytime soon, but something struck me as odd when I was looking at for sale ads posted for them. Some people sell Sri Lankan stars for 500$ for a 2in~ hatchling, while others sell a 2in~ hatchling for 800-1100$+

1.) Why is there such a major price difference.

2.) What should a hatchling Sri Lankan Star actually sell for?

Thanks!
They usually sell around $500 to $600 for a baby. I'm guessing it's a different price in different places around the area or world. Or it could be that they are trying to rip you off.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
They usually sell around $500 to $600 for a baby. I'm guessing it's a different price in different places around the area or world. Or it could be that they are trying to rip you off.
Thank you! is 500$ an average or do the often come cheaper?

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Prices greatly vary for Sri lankens, radiated and other species. Much has to do with the potential of high yellow they will be as adults. Not all reach their potential though.