Squirt's new crib con't

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAV46

5 Year Member
Here is an updated pic on the Aldabra and Redfoots new home. Got the fencing up this weekend and also included a pic of part of the inside. I added linoleum to the wood floor (for protection from moisture) and covered with mulch. You can see the divider between Squirts section and the redfoots. Redfoots got a smaller area that is untill squirt grows into taking the whole shed then it will be plan B for the redroots. (Not sure what plan B is yet haha).
Again probably should have posted this in the enclosure section but wanted Aldabra people to see.

Attachments

• fullshot.jpg
    fullshot.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 126
  • inside 2.jpg
    inside 2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 102

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
The fence looks good, well the entire enclosure looks great, very nice...

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Look's great they are going to love it :) how do you like that fence it's the same as what I am thinking on getting I didnt know how sturdy it would be:tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice! I like the decorations and the paint job. And I think you're really going to appreciate the shelf inside. Good job!

DAV46

5 Year Member
coreyc said:
Look's great they are going to love it :) how do you like that fence it's the same as what I am thinking on getting I didnt know how sturdy it would be:tort:

Yes that is the black metal fencing you can get at Lowes. I started a small pen with it and just keep adding sections. It is the perfect height so my dogs cant jump it. I beleive it is 3ft high. Kind of expensive though around 16 bucks a 3 foot section. It is plenty sturdy but I still like to put something around the bottom so the tortoises cant poke their heads through. Dont think it will work for a 200lb aldabra but I will cross that bridge another day.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
DAV46 said:
coreyc said:

Yes that is the black metal fencing you can get at Lowes. I started a small pen with it and just keep adding sections. It is the perfect height so my dogs cant jump it. I beleive it is 3ft high. Kind of expensive though around 16 bucks a 3 foot section. It is plenty sturdy but I still like to put something around the bottom so the tortoises cant poke their heads through. Dont think it will work for a 200lb aldabra but I will cross that bridge another day.

Thank's for the info that's where I seen at Lowes it to same reason I want to get it one of my dogs jump's the little fence I have now:( I like the look of that one :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
DAV46 said:
coreyc said:
Dont think it will work for a 200lb aldabra but I will cross that bridge another day.

I've seen what a 200 lb sulcata can do to a 300 pound wrought iron gate...so my opinion is start buying those cinder blocks...or boulders little by little until you have enough to build them a retaining wall. With Aldabs...it won't need to be any higher than three feet. Nice work, BTW!:tort:

DAV46

5 Year Member
DeanS said:
DAV46 said:
coreyc said:
Dont think it will work for a 200lb aldabra but I will cross that bridge another day.

I've seen what a 200 lb sulcata can do to a 300 pound wrought iron gate...so my opinion is start buying those cinder blocks...or boulders little by little until you have enough to build them a retaining wall. With Aldabs...it won't need to be any higher than three feet. Nice work, BTW!:tort:

I hear ya DeanS, my bet is i can get a year or two with this fencing then move that to just the redfoots. Aldabra will take something alot beefier for sure.

OperaticAddict

5 Year Member
Clermont, FL
DAV46 said:
Here is an updated pic on the Aldabra and Redfoots new home. Got the fencing up this weekend and also included a pic of part of the inside. I added linoleum to the wood floor (for protection from moisture) and covered with mulch. You can see the divider between Squirts section and the redfoots. Redfoots got a smaller area that is untill squirt grows into taking the whole shed then it will be plan B for the redroots. (Not sure what plan B is yet haha).
Again probably should have posted this in the enclosure section but wanted Aldabra people to see.

Really Nice Shed! Did you build it yourself? If not who was the manufacturer? Also, do you have a heating element in the shed? My mother is moving from FL to SC with her Aldabra Mortimer & we are trying to figure out his future accommodations for the climate change! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.