Squirtle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtle Time

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Squirtle is my new russian tortoise and tomorrow I am going to make his first clinic appointment. I'm just going for a check up, but it will be my first time visiting a vet. Any suggestions as to what I should address??? Also I will be visiting the Friendship Vet in Norfolk, so if you have been there I would appreciate any feedback you might have.

Attachments

• 101_1634.JPG
    101_1634.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • 101_1633.JPG
    101_1633.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Your tort looks great, My tort has never been to a vet and unless something happens I don't see any reason to take him. Hope the vet gives your little one a clean bill of health

LindaF

5 Year Member
It's good to establish a record with the vet. The vet can confirm if you tort has parasites. Make sure you take a fresh poop sample :) Also, it gives you a chance to evaluate the vet and make sure he is experienced with torts. That way if your guy ever does get sick or have a problem you can trust him.

TebowHammer

5 Year Member
Georgia
Squirtle looks good!!

And good luck at the vet. Sure everything's gonna be a-okay!

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
I am a big supporter of building a strong relationship with a local vet. Hopefully you will never have to use him/her, but the last thing you want is to be scrambling for a vet during an emergency.

Here is my standard suggestion. Put together a folder. Include pictures of your tort. Picture of the enclosure (both indoor and out if you have them). Include temperature readings. Include a written description of lighting, temps, diet, humidity, soaking routine. Also include a note about frequency of bowel movements.

This may sound like overkill, but the vet will put this into your animals file. If you ever need to call for advice, your vet will have lots of the important info right in front of him/her and will be a big help.

Also bring a notebook and write down any questions you have before going in. Bringing an animal to the vet can be stressful, and I am quick to forget. This helps to avoid the moment when driving home and you say, "Oh crap, I forgot to ask about....."

Good luck.

Squirtle Time

5 Year Member
Virginia
Thanks you guys so much. You have been really helpful. Squirtle's appointment is Monday at 2:30, I will let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.