Squirt hitting the sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAV46

5 Year Member
Been a while since I posted here. Squirt made it outside this weekend to enjoy a nice 85 degree day in the sun. Love it when he/she mows the lawn! Yes the summer dog house is now too small and a whole new pen and housing is in the making.

Attachments

• Squirt2.jpg
    Squirt2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Squirt.jpg
    Squirt.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 89

DAV46

5 Year Member
Haha yes, cheap on gas and not very noisy! If I could only get'em to eat in a straight row pattern it would be perfect.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
:tort: Squirt is one of my favorite aldabras, sure does look happy in the sunshie! :)

DAV46

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone, the way he is going at the grass I think another good name would be after a mower called 'Snapper' now tell me that doesnt fit a turtle/tortoise!

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Oh my... gorgeous tortoise! He appears to be very happy soaking up the rays. I just love seeing outdoor pictures.

muddoc

5 Year Member
South Louisiana
He definitely looks happy and healthy. I think you are right about the larger house. It looks like he might get stuck in the door to the current abode.

DAV46

5 Year Member
Yes this was last years pen. I am having built a 12 x 12 insulated shed that will house squirt in the winter and will be used for the summer retreat. It will have a tortoise door and a large fenced area for hanging out and grazing. winter time I will provide some sort of heat inside the shed.
This is a big step from the softball sized little tortoise I got just 2 years ago. Went from winter time pen in my house to a cattle tub in the garage to the full sized tortoise shed. These darn aldabra's are expensive!!! haha.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
DAV46 said:
Yes this was last years pen. I am having built a 12 x 12 insulated shed that will house squirt in the winter and will be used for the summer retreat. It will have a tortoise door and a large fenced area for hanging out and grazing. winter time I will provide some sort of heat inside the shed.
This is a big step from the softball sized little tortoise I got just 2 years ago. Went from winter time pen in my house to a cattle tub in the garage to the full sized tortoise shed. These darn aldabra's are expensive!!! haha.

Now Dave, you know you love that little big guy, he is worth every penny. He has sure grown since the last e-mails I recieved from you. He should double by next year, lol......

DAV46

5 Year Member
Thanks Greg, I think a good future project for you would be to have all the hatchlings be born with a warning lable on the bottom of their shells that says 'One size does not fit all' haha!
You got to have a big yard and a big wallet if you want to raise one of these guys. But yes it is worth every penny. Not a day goes by when I look over at squirt and think 'Da*&, I got an Aldabra Tortoise!!!'

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
awesome man! if you could see my face right now, it would be completely GREEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.