Spotted Turtle Love

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
She is beautiful. Hope you have success with the others and breed some.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Beautiful turtles! When visiting at the National Zoo I always linger at the spotted tank, camera in hand, small children piled up behind my 6'2" 230 pound blob, complaining they cant see! :D Seriously, I let the littles get in front and use the zoom lens to perfectly pic their hair follicles with blurry turtles in the back ground.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
My favorite turtle for sure!! View attachment 300091I do have a large colony of about 30 spotted turtles. I keep the orange skinned, high spot and larger spot variety as much as possible. Perhaps you'd like to check with me when you are interested in more...
Aw man, I'm super jealous! Guess I'll just have to move out of their natural range.

turtlesailor

10 Year Member!
California
My favorite turtle for sure!! View attachment 300091I do have a large colony of about 30 spotted turtles. I keep the orange skinned, high spot and larger spot variety as much as possible. Perhaps you'd like to check with me when you are interested in more...

Oh man! You NEED to share the entire enclosure of your spotted turtles. You successfully keep painted turtles with them? I am too skittish to even try to mix with anything with Spotted Turtles.

Hit me up when have some surplus...I don’t normally ask members since I do not know their intentions with their plans.

Ghazan

5 Year Member
My favorite turtle for sure!! I do have a large colony of about 30 spotted turtles. I keep the orange skinned, high spot and larger spot variety as much as possible. Perhaps you'd like to check with me when you are interested in more...

Sent you a PM if you have any available thanks

turtlesailor

10 Year Member!
California
View attachment 300760
I just recently picked up a pair of them and they are a blast. Here they are competing for the UVB, which is strange because when doing research most articles say hatchlings do not come out of the water to bask at all.
Very interesting to see your neonates to bask.
When Neige and Lindy were at neonate stage, they NEVER basked!