Spots on baby Russian

Jayb73

Location (City and/or State)
Np44 1de
Hi guys the bit by his mouth has been there for a few days I just thought it is a bit of dry skin that will come off but the spot on his leg is new

zovick

10 Year Member!
@Pastel Tortie and @mastershake

Did you see this post? This tortoise is in the UK. The spot on its right front leg looks as though it could be one of the yellow spots like those on the sulcatas here.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Thank you for taking the time to help me ,I've seen a few of the posts about the spots that's what worries me
Where did you get the tortoise from?
How long have you had it?
Do you have any other reptiles?

Jayb73

Np44 1de
I've had him from about the end of July. I got him online at tortoisesuk.co.uk. he's the only pet I've got . I did buy him a new enclosure from a local reptile store and it was all ready built

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
are you talking about the one light spot on the front right leg? to me if i zoom in it looks more like a miscolored spot more then a bump. can you confirm it raised up? very hard to be sure from the pic. it to me looks a bit different then the ones on the sulcata hard to tell on my phone screen maybe though.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I looked on that website, and the vendor does have sulcatas, leopards, and other tortoises for sale. It indicates that they will buy from local/UK breeders, but (as expected) no clear indication on where their stock actually comes from.

Jayb73

Np44 1de
are you talking about the one light spot on the front right leg? to me if i zoom in it looks more like a miscolored spot more then a bump. can you confirm it raised up? very hard to be sure from the pic. it to me looks a bit different then the ones on the sulcata hard to tell on my phone screen maybe though.
Yes I thinks it's raised he's asleep now so I don't want to disturb him but I'll have a good look tomorrow

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I looked on that website, and the vendor does have sulcatas, leopards, and other tortoises for sale. It indicates that they will buy from local/UK breeders, but (as expected) no clear indication on where their stock actually comes from.

just an fyi too I was reading from tortoisetrust.org, which seems to have had a recent update last month although I am not sure about this specific page:

"it should be noted that herpes has now been diagnosed in tortoises purchased from online dealers in the UK. We would strongly recommend that you do not buy such imports as they are at extremely high risk of being carriers of this devastating disease. If you do buy them please see the FAQ below for recommended handling procedures. "

However to me the scale just looks like it's ready to come off for this particular case. The above info just might be helpful for others in the UK

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
just an fyi too I was reading from tortoisetrust.org, which seems to have had a recent update last month although I am not sure about this specific page:

"it should be noted that herpes has now been diagnosed in tortoises purchased from online dealers in the UK. We would strongly recommend that you do not buy such imports as they are at extremely high risk of being carriers of this devastating disease. If you do buy them please see the FAQ below for recommended handling procedures. "

However to me the scale just looks like it's ready to come off for this particular case. The above info just might be helpful for others in the UK
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.