Spot/Growth under neck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordell

5 Year Member
I was watching Dots eat his poo when I decided to clean his enclosure. I pulled Dots up and was brushing moss off of him when I noticed something under his neck. I thought it was some fresh poo since he was eating it (YUK!). I attempted to wash it off and some did come off, this is what is left on him. It seems attached o his skin! What can it be and how to get rid of it?

Thanks for Help,
Cordell

1db84be9.jpg

S

Scooter

I have never seen this but I am sure someone on here can help. I hope your little guy is ok.

cordell

5 Year Member
It is defiantly not a part of his skin, as I removed some of it. He has been acting normal, eating and all. His hide was a bit moist so I am thinking a fungus of some sort. I am trying to dry it out to see if it goes away or gets where I can remove all of it. I got to hand it to Dots, he is a trooper. After all the grabbing of the head and tooth brush under the neck, he went right over to his food and ate like nothing happened!

thanks
cordell

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have no idea what it is, but if you think its fungus, you can put a dab of human athlete's foot cream on it.

cordell

5 Year Member
It had to be some sort of fungus. When his head is in the skin flods right in that spot, taking the fungus inside the fold. His hide has been really wet the last 2 weeks or so, I replaced all the moss and substrate in the hide and toned the mist'r down. This afternoon when I got home I was able to remove the rest of the gunk off him. It was scary, I had (still have) no idea what this was! All I could see was it spreading all over his little head, and legs :(. I am happy all is well with him now :) Thanks for looking, no clue and a lab analysis is just not in the budget, lol.

cordell

S

Scooter

I'm glad its gone now. Just keep an eye on that stop to make sure it doesn't come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.