Spoiled stubborn Sulcata

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I think that I'm gonna have trouble with Mary K this winter...
Who me she says? Oh my, what a face...lol
100_0699.JPG
All Spring and Summer this is what her dinner looks like...Rose of Sharon flowers and leaves, grape leaves, dandelion leaves, different cooked squash and flowers from a squash plant. I take all the trays from all the bird cages and throw the waste into a grazing pen and it grows and the tortoises graze on it...anyhow...and I work very hard to move tortoises around so some pens are resting and re-seeded and other pens are being grazed on. But look at the diva...
100_0677.JPG
There's a bit of romaine and green leaf lettuces, and no matter what is mixed in that pile, like a 2 year old kid she heads straight for the purple rose of sharon, there's fuchsia also and white ones w/red centers and she eats as much of the ros that she can before she starts on the leaves of stuff
100_0673.JPG.I forgotten she grazes on 2 pens at a time and the third pen rests. When she had her jaw filed last month she weighed 30 lbs...I took her to a feed store in another town (a big wooden smooth thing) and Mary simply walked right on it...guess who forgot her camera???! Anyhow on that big scale she's 41 lbs...11 lbs in 5 weeks. But winter is on it's way and dear sweet Mary the K nobbins...
100_0681.JPG will have to do with some greens some times and and free graze from 1/2 bale of loose locally grown grass hay...all long winter. This is her way of giving me the stink for shoving a camera in her face...
100_0678.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You know, there are edible flowers you can buy lol. I wouldn't want to spend the money on them, but you spoiled her, soooooo? Lmao