[split] Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
S. CA
RE: Tortoise

That is what they should be paying someone to take it - the care it will need! Poor thing won't be getting out of there anytime soon...:(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'll bet poor Peaches has never been outside. I wonder if she's ever been given a nice warm soak.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I sent them an email. Hopefully they will take it in the manner it was given and realize they need to lower their price considerably and get the proper care for him now.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
The tort is not in that bad of shape. Yes, it is pyramided. Yes, they are asking way......to much. Has anyone heard from them? Do you know if their asking price has gone down?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I sent them a nicely worded email and included a picture of a smooth sulcata I found on the 'net. In my email I used the words "grossly deformed" and suffering from MBD. They sent me a reply saying that I am grossly deformed. :rolleyes:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
mainey34 said:
The tort is not in that bad of shape. Yes, it is pyramided. Yes, they are asking way......to much. Has anyone heard from them? Do you know if their asking price has gone down?

I disagree Charmaine. I think its in real bad shape. Dehydrated, eating the wrong food, horribly undersized for its age...

I can't imagine where these people came up with this price, and given their response to Yvonne, its obvious the caliber of people we are dealing with here.

(To everyone now: )
While we are on the subject, I have an old pick up truck I'd like to sell. Its got some significant body damage. Where the paint isn't rusting away, its chipping and fading. Most of the cylinders still fire some of the time. The windshield is cracked... in four places. The tires are bald with the inner layers showing. The rims are all dented and dinged. Its got 322,000 miles, and the oil has been changed... well, once or twice. The transmission has now stopped making that funny noise. I'd like to get 1.2 million dollars for this very special and rare Ford Ranger pick up. Anybody who wants it should PM right away. This gem is gonna move FAST!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Tom said:
mainey34 said:

I disagree Charmaine. I think its in real bad shape. Dehydrated, eating the wrong food, horribly undersized for its age...

I can't imagine where these people came up with this price, and given their response to Yvonne, its obvious the caliber of people we are dealing with here.

(To everyone now: )
While we are on the subject, I have an old pick up truck I'd like to sell. Its got some significant body damage. Where the paint isn't rusting away, its chipping and fading. Most of the cylinders still fire some of the time. The windshield is cracked... in four places. The tires are bald with the inner layers showing. The rims are all dented and dinged. Its got 322,000 miles, and the oil has been changed... well, once or twice. The transmission has now stopped making that funny noise. I'd like to get 1.2 million dollars for this very special and rare Ford Ranger pick up. Anybody who wants it should PM right away. This gem is gonna move FAST!

I nearly fell over laughing when I read your truck post Tom

With regards to that poor tort, if it continues in its current condition the poor baby will not need rescuing. So sad and too bad they didn't see your email as the caring advice it sounds like it was meant to be Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.