[split] tortoise needs help

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
So SAD!

If this tortoise is going to live, he needs someone like me that can hospitalize him (fluids, bloodwork, feeding tube), and my boss is my official rescue Veterinarian. I would pay cost on bloodwork only, and all else donated by my boss.

I need someone on this forum down there to help coordinate this, and people to help donate money to "bail" him out.

Is anyone close that can either coordinate with animal control and report neglect and help get him on a plane? I'm going to call in favors and see if I can get someone to fly out to a close municipal airport and bring him to me.

http://tortoiseforum.org/post-759933.html
I started a new thread to get help.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Looking to adopt

Cut-n-pasted reform replying to another thread about him...

If this tortoise is going to live, he needs someone like me that can hospitalize him (fluids, bloodwork, feeding tube), and my boss is my official rescue Veterinarian. I would pay cost on bloodwork only, and all else donated by my boss.

I need someone on this forum down there to help coordinate this, and people to help donate money to "bail" him out.

Is anyone close that can either coordinate with animal control and report neglect and help get him on a plane? I'm going to call in favors and see if I can get someone to fly out to a close municipal airport and bring him to me.

--------------------------

Not sue how far I can get someone to fly, but if people are willing help drive him, we can form a network to get him at least to southern Oregon.

I started a new thread to get help.
http://tortoiseforum.org/post-759933.html

If a mod moves it, can you please help with links?

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
[split] Looking to adopt

She told him it was very urgent. He claimed the tort was has a cold or flu. She explained MBD and that he could be fined for animal abuse. He told her that he would take the tortoise to a vet. I believe he is no longer for sale due to the numerous calls about the animals safety.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
I've got an airplane ride for him if we can get him. Can someone call around to IE veterinary hospitals and ask if anyone has seen him? If the guy surrenders him to me, I will pay the exam costs. I'd like the DVM to call me at my hospital

503-472-6184, as for sandy or nancy

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
easyreiter said:
Ill call my vet Sandy, not many in riverside see torts.

That's kinda what I am counting on.
PM me if you have any luck. My staff here is ready for him. Thank you!!

easyreiter

5 Year Member
SenjiSandy said:
I've got an airplane ride for him if we can get him. Can someone call around to IE veterinary hospitals and ask if anyone has seen him? If the guy surrenders him to me, I will pay the exam costs. I'd like the DVM to call me at my hospital

503-472-6184, as for sandy or nancy

My vet doesn't have him and the city shelter said they update their website every hour with animals but if he was too sick they would just put him down, and she couldn't tell me if they had one come in or not :( I'm not able to get to a computer if someone could check riverside ca animal shelter or we have a no kill shelter also but they don't take sick animals

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Is anyone willing to call the owner (I saved number) and tell him I will buy him as is for $150? Then can someone go get him with cash? I will send you money today, either deposit at your bank, PayPal transfer, or I can mail you a money order.

Tell him he will be hospitalized and treated and found a permanent, experienced home.

Thank you! If you can, PM me and I will give you my cell number. The airplane leaves Fullerton on the 25th. I believe she said Fullerton.

ashbelys

5 Year Member
I can call
What do you want me to say?

The post was deleted

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
So sad...[FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT] does he still have him?