[split] looking for breeders in Canada!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meagan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone, I am having a very difficult time tracking down a tortoise breeder in Ontario. I would really like to purchase 1 or 2 leopard tortoises, hatchlings are okay but it would be better if they were around 2 years old. I already have a leopard tortoise and love them so i would really like to purchase another 1 or 2. Also I am looking for a few hermanns or greek tortoise because i love the look of these and i have been really doing my research on them, they seem great to have. I would like these ones to be older but again, the do not have to be. I have more than enough time and space to keep these tortoises and would love to add more. If anyone knows of breeders in Ontario, please let me know. Thank you!

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
RE: looking for breeders!!

Have you looked on Kijiji? I've seen a few postings (I'm in Toronto) and there might be some for the Barrie area. I like to torture myself by looking at the ads (I don't have the room to adopt any more than the 2 I have) and it'd be great for them to go to a loving forever home :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
RE: looking for breeders in Canada!!

Meagan:

I moved your thread over to the Regional Topics & REquests forum because the "for sale" forum, where you had it, does not allow anyone to respond back to you. We usually delete responses in the "for sale" forum.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada

There is a guy named Timothy who has 2012 CB hermanns(400 each but gives multi discounts)y in new market the reptile store in hamilton called hamilton reptile is selling a leopard tortoise. I believe both reptile stores in hamilton have a leopard tort but I only suggest buying from hamilton reptile and NOT the reptile store ( a lot of bad reptiles and a lot of bad experiences). Ill talk to the people I know and see if I can find something closer to berrie

mchong9606

10 Year Member!

Check out kijiji in Ontario, there's a new posting with a breeder selling a variety of torts and turtles. I've never dealt with him, so do your homework. Prices look very reasonable. Good luck, let us know how it goes if you buy from him.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada

mchong9606 said:
Check out kijiji in Ontario, there's a new posting with a breeder selling a variety of torts and turtles. I've never dealt with him, so do your homework. Prices look very reasonable. Good luck, let us know how it goes if you buy from him.

Are you talking about the "turtle guy"? I've messaged him but he seems more interested in pushing sales so I'm not 100% on buying a tort from him but if anyone else does let me know how it goes

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario

Turtle guy I've orders from him he never comes through every time I'm ready to pick up he always pushes back the date

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada

bobbymoore said:
Turtle guy I've orders from him he never comes through every time I'm ready to pick up he always pushes back the date

Yea hee seems like that I've asked for yellow foots breeding age then he says he can get them 6" then tells me the ones he has are 3-4" and they will be ready mid oct but I haven't heard from him I know an other breeder in new market that I'm going to try out he has hatchlings that should be ready november

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario

I wonder If we are talking about the same turtle guy. The guy I get turtles from is very good.
Always comes through. Xukai is his name?

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada

Have you asked on Reptiles Canada classified?
You see the odd one for sale there.there are not many breeders of leopards but you should be able to find something.
keep looking on Kijiji.
Port Credit pets have tortoises.
BJ reptiles has some on his price list.I have a friend I can ask too in the meantime as he has so many contacts across Canada for tortoises.

C and C Tortoises

5 Year Member

Hi everyone! We thought we we'd introduce ourselves on this forum (some of you may know us from Reptiles Canada).

We're four friends who are very committed to the keeping and breeding of tortoises. We've combined our collections to create a large scale breeding program in Canada. We've had our tortoises for many years and have raised most from hatchlings to adulthood.

Now that many of our torts have reached maturity, we've been successful in breeding these amazing animals. We're very fortunate to currently be working with the following species: red foots, leopards, Hermann's, pancakes, stars, spiders and radiated.

We're located in BC and Ontario. We're excited to be on this forum and look forward to connecting with other hobbyists!

leash_wish

5 Year Member
I live in Barrie :) I got my tortoise from Port Credit Pets and I know Tails and Scales breeds too. Have you ever gone to a reptile expo? The next one is May 5 at Downsview Park.

myzanya

5 Year Member

I am in bc and have been desperately looking for a tort, hopefully past a year...and prefer leopard
C and C Tortoises said:
Hi everyone! We thought we we'd introduce ourselves on this forum (some of you may know us from Reptiles Canada).

We're four friends who are very committed to the keeping and breeding of tortoises. We've combined our collections to create a large scale breeding program in Canada. We've had our tortoises for many years and have raised most from hatchlings to adulthood.

Now that many of our torts have reached maturity, we've been successful in breeding these amazing animals. We're very fortunate to currently be working with the following species: red foots, leopards, Hermann's, pancakes, stars, spiders and radiated.

We're located in BC and Ontario. We're excited to be on this forum and look forward to connecting with other hobbyists!

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
If you're looking for a leopard I can recommend Timothy's Tortoises. The family sells leopards and I picked one up a few weeks ago and he's doing great. They are excellent to deal with and communication is great. They're in Ontario but I suppose shipping can be worked out as I believe they ship across the country. Very reasonable price compared to pet shops. But the babies are 3 months old not a year old as you wanted. Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.