[split] Injured Neck!! please HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberMR

5 Year Member
I let my tortoise venture round the house and he looks like he has had his neck caught on something and a lump appeared a few days later it developed into a cut and was bleeding a little bit he doesn't seem to be in any pain and he is eating and acting normal however the area has turned a blackish colour and I'm super worried can anyone tell me what to do ?ImageUploadedByTortForum1372797229.531206.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jessicapinkie1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Floresville TX
HELP!!! (Injury on neck)

Oh no I'm so sorry :(
I can't help.

Annabella's scab came off a few days after this post and there was not even a mark where it was.

AmberMR

5 Year Member
HELP!!! (Injury on neck)

Oh ok thank you anyway I just hope it heals

AmberMR

5 Year Member
Injured Neck!! please HELP!

I let my tortoise venture round the house and he looks like he has had his neck caught on something and a lump appeared a few days later it developed into a cut and was bleeding a little bit he doesn't seem to be in any pain and he is eating and acting normal however the area has turned a blackish colour and I'm super worried can anyone tell me what to do ?ImageUploadedByTortForum1372798477.644580.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1372798424.563920.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1372798424.563920.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
That might be an ear abscess, I'm having trouble with the picture. Dry environments contribute to that.

AmberMR

5 Year Member
Ok thank you I will try and get a better quality picture

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would keep an eye on that area....if this guy gets outside time I would be sure to not let him be in an area where exposed to flies...not until the area/skin healths completely and no break in the skin remaining...

Puckles🐢

5 Year Member
Of maybe better yet, don't take
Him out at all, until it heals. Lets not take chances.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
My Redfoots spend the summer outside and I've dealt with many a cut neck. Necks are the worst place for a cut! You can't bandage it or splint it, at least not on a big guy in mating season!

This is what I do: keep it clean. I soak/rinse the cut 2x daily and apply Neosporin. I find the Neosporin keeps it from getting dirt, leaves, etc. in it. Expect the cut to break open several times before it scabs over really good. It may take a while and look really gross but the cut will heal. Never had a cut get infected using this method.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
Something could be trapped in there and an abscess has formed around it. Is it hot to the touch? How does it feel when you squeeze it?

Status
Not open for further replies.