Spineless opetunia with no glochidia?

jmaneyapanda

5 Year Member
It sounds fantastic! Thank you for the contact info. I want to buy some just to start growing it. Can you post a pic of a pad or two so we can see which type it is?

IMG_3585.JPG

Smooth as a babies bottom.

dmilam

Location (City and/or State)
North Texas
Hopefully you can just stick a few into some soil and start your own never ending supply of them.
I'd like three pads. Not 3 pounds.

Lol, that’s why I asked. He sells three pounds for $20, which is fine. I’m just curious how many that is.

jmaneyapanda

5 Year Member
I can probably supply singular pads if you want. I have about 40 pounds here.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Just curious but how many pads is three pounds?
Depends on the size of the pad. I've got pads that are probably 10 pounds each, and then I've got little bitty new pads that are a few ounces.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Depends on the size of the pad. I've got pads that are probably 10 pounds each, and then I've got little bitty new pads that are a few ounces.
I'm going to check with him to see what age/size pads he can send. Sounds like he can customize it for each person. Younger smaller pads for someone with a smaller tortoise, and bigger pads for someone with a behemoth. That is what I do when I cut pads for my tortoises. Older, larger, more fibrous pads for the big sulcatas and leopards, and younger, smaller more tender pads for the stars and radiata. Chersina and babies get little bitty new pads that I hand pick for size.

jmaneyapanda

5 Year Member
I'm going to check with him to see what age/size pads he can send. Sounds like he can customize it for each person. Younger smaller pads for someone with a smaller tortoise, and bigger pads for someone with a behemoth. That is what I do when I cut pads for my tortoises. Older, larger, more fibrous pads for the big sulcatas and leopards, and younger, smaller more tender pads for the stars and radiata. Chersina and babies get little bitty new pads that I hand pick for size.

Most of mine are 8-12”. Some have small new pads started.