Spineless opetunia with no glochidia?

jmaneyapanda

5 Year Member
There’s a vender out of Florida who sells opetunia pads with no glochids. I bought from him before, seemed like a solid vendor. Until my last order. It’s been almost a month. He promises he’ll send “next week” and then says “sorry. It’s raining so much”.

He again promised to send next week, despite the upcoming hurricane, so I’ve begun to worry I’m being strung along and need to get refunded.

Does anyone else know where to get spineless opetunia with no glochids?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Is it SOUTHERN REPTILES?
If so, I have no answer. It has been raining. But this time of year it rains EVERY DAY.
If not, he sells them.
Like all "spineless" cactus, they simply have fewer spines or glochids.
I have two large spineless cactuses. But they still poke me every now and again.

jmaneyapanda

5 Year Member
Is it SOUTHERN REPTILES?
If so, I have no answer. It has been raining. But this time of year it rains EVERY DAY.
If not, he sells them.
I have two large spineless cactuses. But they still poke me every now and again.

Nope. I got my order from him. They are genuinely spine and glochid free. Not less. ZERO. I can fine noodles locally but none are like these with few or no glochids.

SPILL

Illinois
Is it SOUTHERN REPTILES?
If not, he sells them.
Did I see somewhere that you are TexasPricklyPears? If so I've never been stuck by yours.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I suppose it's entirely possible that they arrive spine free because they were prepped.
I was thinking that too. I have about 12 varieties, and 3 of them have almost no glochids, to the point that I'll pick them and handle them with no glove, but even those get me once in a while. So irritating...

jmaneyapanda

5 Year Member
I was thinking that too. I have about 12 varieties, and 3 of them have almost no glochids, to the point that I'll pick them and handle them with no glove, but even those get me once in a while. So irritating...

Absolutely Not. I just got 12 pounds. Packed in a box. Smooth.

Let me make sure he’s ok giving out his info and I’ll link it here.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Text him at +1 (321) 795-5019. He said he’s got tons of it.

Other than texting, can you provide the Sellers Name, and prices and internet address?

We get our Opuntia pads here locally for about $1.29/lb (no shipping) but, id be interested to see whats out there.

Thanks

jmaneyapanda

5 Year Member
Other than texting, can you provide the Sellers Name, and prices and internet address?

We get our Opuntia pads here locally for about $1.29/lb (no shipping) but, id be interested to see whats out there.

Thanks

His name is mike. But understand I’m not him. I’m not the vendor. If you text him he might have all that info for you.

I buy his stuff because it’s ready to use out the box.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes.
I have one right now on my index finger I've been trying to get out.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Absolutely Not. I just got 12 pounds. Packed in a box. Smooth.

Let me make sure he’s ok giving out his info and I’ll link it here.
"Prepping" could be as simple as wiping them with a rag. It would leave no evidence......I rub mine on my pants leg before I throw the pads into my pens.
But that's NOT to say that someone hasn't finally engineered a truly glochid free type that most of us just aren't aware of yet.
That'd be fantastic!

jmaneyapanda

5 Year Member
"Prepping" could be as simple as wiping them with a rag. It would leave no evidence......I rub mine on my pants leg before I throw the pads into my pens.
But that's NOT to say that someone hasn't finally engineered a truly glochid free type that most of us just aren't aware of yet.
That'd be fantastic!

I’ve gone through maybe 45 pounds of it and have yet to feel even a slight itch. If he’s prepping everything this thoroughly and packaging it as he does, it’s worth every penny in my book.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I’ve gone through maybe 45 pounds of it and have yet to feel even a slight itch. If he’s prepping everything this thoroughly and packaging it as he does, it’s worth every penny in my book.
It sounds fantastic! Thank you for the contact info. I want to buy some just to start growing it. Can you post a pic of a pad or two so we can see which type it is?