Spider Torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have an adult pair of Spider Torts and was wondering if any one could help me! I saw them breeding and wondering if anyone knew how long it takes before she will lay eggs and what the incubation period is and what temp and humidity the eggs should be kept at?

The spieces is Pyxis arachnoides brygooi! Any help is greatly appreciated!

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
you should talk to egyptiandan here on the site. he has a lot of experience with them, but im not sure about breeding them. but im sure he can point you in the right direction.

just search for him (on the top right of the homepage), then send him an email or private message.

good luck!

Jeremy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thank you, i just sent him an email! I appreciate your help!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi Jeremy,

It should be about 30 days before she lays. She may start to pace before that. When she lays her egg you will need to give the egg a cool diapause period of a month. The temperature needs to be 65 to 70F, if it's above 70F it may not break the diapause. 84 to 86F is what you want to set the incubator at. Incubate for a month, if nothing is happening you need to diapause again. You can do this up to 4 times. It can take as little as 120 days or it can take over 300 days for an egg to hatch.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.