Spider mites in shrubs

GMCNEILL

Location (City and/or State)
SPARKS
Hi everyone. I have multiple shrubs in my yard that are infested with red spider mites. I have a DT. I want to spray shrubs with Bayer. I'm. afraid to spray for fear of poisoning my DT. Could I spray in the evening when he is inside and it woukd be safe for him in the morning. He especially loves the rose bushes.please advise.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings....do you mean something like this Bayer insect spray?

Honestly, id just say no to chemical sprays.

If you want to get rid of those spider mites, try something like this....

➡️ Dish soap like dawn and other brands can kill many pests on contact. Aphids, spider mites and white flies are all common garden pests that can ruin your garden.

Some ppl like castile soap.

➡️ For DIY insecticide, organic pure castile liquid soap is the best solution since it's all natural and highly effective.

A little “soap” like Dawn or Castile goes a long way. .

How To

Mix 2.5 tablespoons of the Dawn dish soap and 2.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil with 1 gallon of warm soft water. The Dawn dish soap used in the recipe must not contain bleach, which could harm the plants AND your tortoise. So, read your labels. Mix up, in a spray bottle & treat the leaves Top/bottom where the mites are.

Is Dawn Safe?
Dawn dish soap is the soap used to save many birds and seals. In fact, the ingredients are so effective that it removed the grease and never harmed the birds or their skin. Dawnis so important that it effectively raises money for many wildlife groups.Mar 14, 2021

Id mix up some Dawn & water in a spray bottle & target the mites.

GMCNEILL

SPARKS
Hi everyone. I have multiple shrubs in my yard that are infested with red spider mites. I have a DT. I want to spray shrubs with Bayer. I'm. afraid to spray for fear of poisoning my DT. Could I spray in the evening when he is inside and it woukd be safe for him in the morning. He especially loves the rose bushes.please advise.

GMCNEILL

SPARKS
Greetings....do you mean something like this Bayer insect spray?

Honestly, id just say no to chemical sprays.

If you want to get rid of those spider mites, try something like this....

➡️ Dish soap like dawn and other brands can kill many pests on contact. Aphids, spider mites and white flies are all common garden pests that can ruin your garden.

Some ppl like castile soap.

➡️ For DIY insecticide, organic pure castile liquid soap is the best solution since it's all natural and highly effective.

A little “soap” like Dawn or Castile goes a long way. .

How To

Mix 2.5 tablespoons of the Dawn dish soap and 2.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil with 1 gallon of warm soft water. The Dawn dish soap used in the recipe must not contain bleach, which could harm the plants AND your tortoise. So, read your labels. Mix up, in a spray bottle & treat the leaves Top/bottom where the mites are.

Is Dawn Safe?
Dawn dish soap is the soap used to save many birds and seals. In fact, the ingredients are so effective that it removed the grease and never harmed the birds or their skin. Dawnis so important that it effectively raises money for many wildlife groups.Mar 14, 2021

Id mix up some Dawn & water in a spray bottle & target the mites.
Thank you. I'll try your recommendation
Yes, I was thinking of Bayer Insect spray.
Those mites are everywhere. The webs are entangled in shrubs. Especially the honeysuckle. I'll let you know.
Have a great day.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I use Dawn dish detergent and water on my plants. It works like a charm and is animal safe.