Specii

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Has anyone came up with a care sheet ? Photos of them when I bought them today.
Looks to be two males to one female . I have them setup much like a leopard tortiose . But I dropped the temperature to 85 ,80 ,75ish . I'm getting 75 at the water bowl . I haven't checked night time lows yet as this is the first day of setup . So any and all information would be greatly appreciated . IMG_20180222_104447020.jpgIMG_20180222_103111701.jpgIMG_20180222_103134463.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Nothing ? Where's everybody ?

mack_is_my_baby

Location (City and/or State)
Austin, Texas
Has anyone came up with a care sheet ? Photos of them when I bought them today.
Looks to be two males to one female . I have them setup much like a leopard tortiose . But I dropped the temperature to 85 ,80 ,75ish . I'm getting 75 at the water bowl . I haven't checked night time lows yet as this is the first day of setup . So any and all information would be greatly appreciated . View attachment 231314View attachment 231315View attachment 231316

Sorry I can’t properly help you out but I wanted to say they’re beautiful! Congrats!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Thanks . I've read some old post and talk to a friend . But you know you can't stop learning . I like to get a mix of everybody's input then put my own twist on it . But they're eating and drinking that's all you can ask for on new tortioses . I have them setup in my garage . To keep them calm and quarantined . If they make it to April I'll start their out door enclosure . The female is all over the place while the males are a little less active . I need to take fecal samples into my vet to make sure that's ok . Don't need any of that around my other enclosures .

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I would set them up more like the redfoots, then a leopard. Leapards are a bit too hot, dry and limited diet. While these aren't as needy as the erosa and Holmes as far as humidity, lower light, ect, they are still in my mind close to redfoots in all areas.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
More questions for you . How long have you been keeping them ? I have them setup in a six foot by two enclosure with Cyprus and Coco chor . On the cool side a big water bowl . On the other side is the warmer side .It's about 90 ° . I've been feeding fresh greens , mushrooms, cactus,and worms . My plants for flowers are out of the question until spring . I'm planning on building them an outdoor setup with them a heated house or would you just bring them inside ?