South african leopard - 1½ yr old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
Hello everyone!
It makes me very sad, but I am rehoming Ghido, my 'giant' South african leopard tortoise due to unavoidable family/home conflicts ? it hurts my heart as I love him very much, but I'm hoping one of you great people could give him a great home and a yard to stomp around in.
He is about 1½ years old, hatch date is late February if you wanted to celebrate his bday with him. I got him when he still had his egg tooth.

He's been housed in a 6ft X 3ft closed chamber grow tent setup with a RHP on therm., a 4 ft 12% Arcadia ubv light set at height with a solar meter, a humid plastic hide, a flood basking light in a 10inch dome and cypress mulch.

Temps: ambient is 84°-86°, basking is 99°-103°, night time is 82°-84°

Humidity: never lower than 85% (usually between 95%-99%) except for under his basking lamp due to high heat.

Soaked daily for the first year for 30-35 minutes in warm water that was kept warm with a thermometer to gauge it. Shell was also sprayed twice a day during that time. After that it was for the same duration and warmth, but 2 or 3 times a week as I was taking care of my gma with dementia and her husband who had a stroke.

He has a very extensive diet and he's not really picky at all.

Got nutrobal calcium and mineral support and miner-all 2x a week on different days.
Was given zoo med grassland food, original mazuri, home grown cactus pads (opuntia), rose leaves and flowers, hibiscus leaves and flowers, home grown wheat and cat grass, fresh mulberry leaves, wild lettuce, mushrooms, home grown squash leaves and flowers, escarole, endive, radicchio, red dandelion, regular dandelion, spring mix minus the spinach, arugala and butter lettuce.
He was also given supplements from kapadilo farms mixed with his mazuri/ grassland mixture: red clover, moringa, alfalfa, raspberry, violet, mulberry, pm layer crumbles, dandelion, hibiscus flowers, oat straw, rose petals, cactus chips, calendula, chamomile, plantain, nettle, March mallow and tortoise supply herbal hay.

Has had cuttlebone available at all times.

Was fed daily at 7:30am and given more if he ate it all, which he usually did.

His rehoming fee is $375 + shipping if necessary and he will only go to serious, loving keepers that are trusted. Please PM if interested. Thank you all so much for everything.

It's not letting me post pics, but as soon as I figure that out I will post them!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.