Sorry if this is off topic but .......

Billna the 2

Location (City and/or State)
Smoaks sc
I've been thinking about getting a reticulated python, and yes I have experience with pythons in general, I'm sure there's a snake and tortoise nerd like myself out thereXD

Yah or nah

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've always loved the retics. Had a few in years past, but gave them away before they needed a room sized enclosure. If you've got the space, know-how, and budget to feed them, then go for it. Most of mine were docile and easy to handle. Not all of them are though. I also had scrub pythons which have a reputation for being nasty, but mine were like a nice RT boa, only thinner and longer and prettier...

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
I've always loved the retics. Had a few in years past, but gave them away before they needed a room sized enclosure. If you've got the space, know-how, and budget to feed them, then go for it. Most of mine were docile and easy to handle. Not all of them are though. I also had scrub pythons which have a reputation for being nasty, but mine were like a nice RT boa, only thinner and longer and prettier...
Ok Tom I'll keep that in mind

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Relics get huge! Just keep that in mind.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Are you sure you wouldn't rather have something more manageable? I love the Drymarchon genus. My reptile room runs too hot for an indigo, but I got a unicolor cribo a while back, and I'm picking up another today. They are my favorite snakes on the planet.
Ava W: Star copy.JPG

If your heart is set on a retic, then go for it! But man... that is a lot of snake.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Are you sure you wouldn't rather have something more manageable? I love the Drymarchon genus. My reptile room runs too hot for an indigo, but I got a unicolor cribo a while back, and I'm picking up another today. They are my favorite snakes on the planet.
View attachment 254208

If your heart is set on a retic, then go for it! But man... that is a lot of snake.
The one you're picking up...is that the male you've been waiting for?

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
View attachment 254208

I'd love to but XD I love big things

xphare

Denver
The stigma of retics being more docile than burms all comes down to the relationship you have with each individual snake. I have a male golden child now who is like a dog. I have had other retics in the past but due to pursuing a professional soccer career I rehomed them to a nice couple with 2 other retics. Both were dog tame as well but that is because I handled them daily. I have seen burms with nasty attitudes as well with no relationship with people besides the weekly rat/rabbit. Ive seen ball pythons with more attitude than some retics. Yes, they will need room but not even close to as much as a tortoise but it all depends on how you choose to house them. You will be fine if you have snake experience. I had the pleasure of visiting Prehistoric Pets with Jay Brewer and seeing his adult females. Yes they were big but they were not the norm with most of his snakes being all breeders.