Sorry, a question about number 2's!

Melissa101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi guys, I have been soaking my tortoises more frequently (around every other day), as they were looking a little dry. (I'm still learning, so if I should do it even more than this please tell me!)

I've noticed that one of my tortoises, Harry, has been pooping way more since all the baths, and that his poos are really really long. Is this a result of the bathing? Is it something to worry about? The other tortoise is the same as she's always been, it's only Harry who seems to be emptying his bowels more often.

I've been really misinformed about tortoise care in the past, these days I'm constantly worried I'm doing something wrong, and any advice is appreciated! The poos themselves look a normal colour, but just pretty big and unwilling to detach!

Melissa101

5 Year Member
UK
Oh they're Spur Thighed tortoises, if that makes a difference! Mostly fed on what they graze outside (weeds, grass), but occasionally shop bought salad leaves if the weather is too foul for them to be outside, used to bulk up what I can gather for them!

Melissa101

5 Year Member
UK
For the female, I never see her doing it, but she must do! It's harder to tell when they're outside though! Is it also normal for a tortoise to seem like it's not going at all?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
If she is not going at all, it can be a problem. If she seems to stop eating, there could be an impactation.

Melissa101

5 Year Member
UK
She's definitely eating, and everything else about her seems normal, so I'm just going to keep watching her. I'm assuming she's going when she's out in the garden, she's got a lot of space so it's hard to actually see the evidence!