SONshine & LEGGS "bloodline" (reposted)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
(since the whole theme/idea was lost in the rhetoric of posting pics.. here we go)

Since "Quagmire" is now with "Knobs" at jackrat's abode.. LEGGS now has SONshine and a couple other Northern females in his own little harem - and I'm sure he is
36_2_361.gif
.. among them. No doubt he's happy!

And while he's inside for the winter he's been chilling-out awaiting an opportunity to start-again his springtime courting! Not a lot-a-lovin' going on right now. [ corny huh? ]

In the mean time there has been other activity: pipping.. hatching and laying - SONshine & LEGGS are making a new generation of Northern redfoot tortoises............ and they are proving to be "well representing" their heritage! Some are unique.. 'most' well represented.

Originally [ '04 - '09 ] there were 2 males making babies from SONshine.

Introducing LEGGS -

1JUNIOR.jpg

You can see why/how he makes babies like this one - [ '05 ] -

SHAWNS-1.jpg

AND I'm quite sure he had something to do with this one since he has such large "yellow-blotches" on his carapace - [ '07 ] -

DSC034062-1.jpg

DSC034092-1.jpg

And also from '05 -

1JUNIORSon.jpg

1JUNIORSonL.jpg

But what has SONshine & LEGGS done recently?

Hatched 1/05/11 -

1aSONLF.jpg

1aSONFR.jpg

1/17/11 PIP still in nursery absorbing his yolk-sac.. will post new pics of him when he is ready to make his debut :rolleyes:

AND 2 other "PIPS" are working their way out as I type!

When I first acquired SONshine she could not take 3 steps without stumbling.. she could not 'stand' in one spot without "wobbling" - how could she possibly make babies if she had virtually no use of her hind legs???

I went to "Kingsnake" forum.. and met cdmay - and he alone has been helpful ever since!

July 12 '04.. read all about it - http://forums.kingsnake.com/viewarch.php?id=511274,511274&key=2004

NERD

Status
Not open for further replies.