SONshine & LEGGS "BLOODLINE" PICTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
[this was the original idea.. before all of the 'posting photos' rhetoric occurred.. here we go again!]

All of this started in Dec. '98 with 3 hatchling's [reportedly] from Colombia stock. These early dates may be off a month or 2 so bare with me please. They grew up to be 3 females.. so I figured I needed a male. In July '03 I added a 10" SCL WC male from Guyana.. I called him "Eyes". A year later I added 1.2 [ reportedly 5 yr. LTC from Guyana also ].. one of the females was SONshine and the male was LEGGS.

SONshine then -

1aALPHAGUYANASONSHINE2.jpg

1aSONSHINEAKAWOBBLY4.jpg

When I acquired her she couldn't stand in place without "wobbling" and literally couldn't take 3 steps without falling.. it was sad - she would never be able to carry-on her genes. I posted on "Kingsnake" forum and there is where I met cdmay - July '04! If you want to see the thread you'll have to email me for the link [ I can't post a link here ] Carl alone helped me the first years of incubating and hatching their eggs. If you want to learn how to do it.. you ask someone that has actual experience!.. FIRST.

Several hatchlings later it became obvious that it was time to "share" some of the blessings and make room for the keepers for future 'breed-stock'.

The original 3 grew up with varying degrees of 'bumpiness'.. [ before the humidity revelation ] so one of the females is now known as "Knobs" and "Eyes" is now known as "Quagmire".

Introducing LEGGS

1JUNIOR.jpg

LEGGS also has huge 'yellow-blotches' on each carapace scute -

LEGGS.jpg

Since "Quagmire" is now with "Knobs" at jackrat's abode.. LEGGS now has SONshine and a couple other Northern females in his little harem - and I'm sure he is ..
36_2_361.gif
among them. And while he's inside for the winter he's been chilling-out awaiting an opportunity to start-again his springtime courting! But in the mean time there has been activity: laying.. pipping and hatching!

The nesting "trance" - 1/17/11 -

1aSON11711T.jpg

She dug for over 3 hours -

1aSON11711NEST.jpg

I'll post a few past and present hatchling's ASAP.. to show the "BLOODLINES" of these beauties!

Thanks for looking.. and hope you'll learn something by the time this plays out.

BTW.. 2 more eggs are "pipping" as I type!

NERD

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
A little surprised.. haven't heard anything yet - maybe I'm the only poster on this.

Once again those big yellow blotches on LEGGS must have been a result of how he looked when he was a hatchling.. maybe like their early '05? -

1BUTTER05.jpg

1aButter-1.jpg

Once again.. July '07 -

aGOLDENLC.jpg

1GOLDEN.jpg

To bring this up to date:

May '10 - ( one of 5 in that clutch ) -

1BarsSONRF.jpg

1BarsSONLF.jpg

Earlier this month -

1aSONFR.jpg

1aSONLF.jpg

And the second one from this week ASAP...

NERD

Status
Not open for further replies.