SONS OF ANARCHY // SEASON SEVEN

the_newzie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
las vegas
Wow...
What an episode...
Sutter has a lot to do in this last episode to wrap everything up...

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I wonder if they are going to explain who that homeless woman is????

Rach87

She has appeared in a couple different episodes. And they kinda addressed who she is. She was killed in the bike accident with john teller I believe.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I can't wait! But I have to the wife is in the shower!

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
Decent episode overall. Good, not great episode for a series finale. Better than the Dexter Finale, not as good as Breaking Bad finale. Overall, I think 7 seasons of awesomeness gave me more than enough good times to forgive Sutter for everything I didn't like in the final episode.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I didn't like the final either . All the stars die! They should've killed tig!

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
I didn't like the final either . All the stars die! They should've killed tig!
Kill Tig?!?! I'm not sure if we can be friends... LOL! I want to post more, but I'm not sure what the proper spoiler etiquette on this thread is...

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
The ending was FAR superior to Breaking Bad...way better than Dexter...and I won't even mention how disappointed I was with The Sopranos ending...of course, it was sad to find out that talks were underway to do a BIG SCREEN Sopranos...until James Gandolfini died!

The homeless woman is thought to be Brooke's mom...there were unexplained questions surrounding JT's death...and her body was never recovered! I always viewed her as a Guardian Angel/Angel of Death hybrid (for lack of a better term)! I really like the role she played in August's death...even more, I like how insignificant Sutter played him off in the end!

As for Jax...poetic justice if ever there was! He went out just like his old man...but under his own terms...and I liked the wraparound for Michael Chiklis as the truck driver!

On a whole...VERY satisfying! Just waiting for Greg to chime in! @ALDABRAMAN

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
The ending was FAR superior to Breaking Bad...way better than Dexter...and I won't even mention how disappointed I was with The Sopranos ending...of course, it was sad to find out that talks were underway to do a BIG SCREEN Sopranos...until James Gandolfini died!

The homeless woman is thought to be Brooke's mom...there were unexplained questions surrounding JT's death...and her body was never recovered! I always viewed her as a Guardian Angel/Angel of Death hybrid (for lack of a better term)! I really like the role she played in August's death...even more, I like how insignificant Sutter played him off in the end!

As for Jax...poetic justice if ever there was! He went out just like his old man...but under his own terms...and I liked the wraparound for Michael Chiklis as the truck driver!

***************************************************************************SPOILERS**************************************************************************
(and obviously since we're talking about fictional characters, none of my disagreements or arguments are meant to offend any actual people, at all, ever.)
Really? Better than Breaking Bad? Agree to disagree? Personally, I thought there were too many loose ends in SOA. Way to much to sum up in one episode. Plus, POOR MICHAL CHIKLIS!!! He has to live with that forever. Jax gave no thought to that consequence. Speaking of consequences, it's my understanding that when a major crime organization (like the kings or Marks' crew) gets wronged by someone that they cannot retaliate against personally, they usually go after that person's living relatives. Who's protecting his kids now? Also, for a show that was never particularly religious, could they have used religious imagery any more? Blood, bread, arms outstretched in the Jesus pose... C'mon Sutter, this isn't "The Passion of the Biker".

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
***************************************************************************SPOILERS**************************************************************************
(and obviously since we're talking about fictional characters, none of my disagreements or arguments are meant to offend any actual people, at all, ever.)
Really? Better than Breaking Bad? Agree to disagree? Personally, I thought there were too many loose ends in SOA. Way to much to sum up in one episode. Plus, POOR MICHAL CHIKLIS!!! He has to live with that forever. Jax gave no thought to that consequence. Speaking of consequences, it's my understanding that when a major crime organization (like the kings or Marks' crew) gets wronged by someone that they cannot retaliate against personally, they usually go after that person's living relatives. Who's protecting his kids now? Also, for a show that was never particularly religious, could they have used religious imagery any more? Blood, bread, arms outstretched in the Jesus pose... C'mon Sutter, this isn't "The Passion of the Biker".
Marks has no crew...anymore! Past that...I like agreeing to disagree...it's fun! And I like your Passion...comment! I also liked the symbolism of the blood about to join with the bread...the other thing...and probably most important...Sons was a comic book...and no bones were ever made about that! Delving into the spiritual significance of such a show might be going above and beyond...

For the record...I think Nero will protect those boys...and Wendy...with all he's got! Now, bring on the prequel! Oh, there will be a prequel! And I think Josh Brolin would make a great JT...

the_newzie

5 Year Member
las vegas
Yep. That's the beauty of art, a million people can view the same thing and walk away with a million different feelings about what they saw and they'd all be correct. In the end, the finale doesn't matter. Sutter could have shown jax moving in with dexter to become a world famous lumberjack duo (then make a psycho/murder/lumberjack sitcom about their zany escapades) and I would still love Sons. It's the journey not the destination.
Now, bring on the prequel! Oh, there will be a prequel! And I think Josh Brolin would make a great JT...
Omg. Brolin would rock it!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida

~ WOW, Dean....I am on the same page as you exactly!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I also have a semi-screenplay in my head! I'd like to see it start off with JT's death...then cut to Ireland...having his revelation...his relationship with Mary (and birth of Trinity). Coming back to the States in episode 4 or 5 and landing in the pit that Gemma and Clay are setting...with everything before Ireland being told in flashback form...i.e. the creation of the Club! Like that...I said CREATION!

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Ok .. I have finally calmed down enough to comment .... That finale episode SUCKED! I am soooo disappointed! I agree ..what the hell PASSION OF THE BIKER! that was so damn corny.

This is what should have happened... Cut the next to last episode with Jax showing up to kill Gemma ...that while bit should have been in the last epi.. Then final Gemma and Unser get killed ... Everything else could have went that way, but instead of us seeing Jax all JESUS pose, cut to the side and hear brakes crash etc. then flash forward to 5 years we see Wendy with three boys and a baby..Nero's baby, the youngest boy is called Jackson after his dad...the series ends with Wendy being a good Mom ..just like the series opened with her being a horrible mom ...the show comes full circle!