SOMETIMES THEY WILL EAT ANY THING

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also why some common sense is needed in this case. Humans can be so stupid!
But, also why tortoises shouldn't roam floors.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I heard this story this morning on the radio apparently it's good luck for the coins to fall onto the shell I'm surprised it didn't cause an inpatient problem and actually cracked the shell because of the weight of the coins

Clawem

When you let a tortoise walk around on the floor and you think there is no way he will eat that he still may.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
At this "developed" stage of life and human education, you would think and hope that the first thing that is taught in schools would be environmental awareness and species conservation. Then something like this would just not be happening, it would be punishable by law. I saw a documentary "Planet Earth II" the final in the series that showed baby sea turtles hatching and going the wrong way because of all the lights, and they were crossing the road, dropping into drains and being crushed by traffic. I hated to see it because nobody was trying to save them...but I know that a good amount of work is being done in this area by concerned groups. It's just not nearly enough!