Sometimes it is hard to like humans

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Walnut Creek, Ca
35 people were on the course, that does not mean 35 people witnessed this. It is a horrible act but I can not image that many people would just sit and watch without stopping it.

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

theelectraco

5 Year Member
35 people were on the Golf Course, not actual witnesses. I think they used the number in reference to catching the suspect. Either way, I hope that golfer gets hit upside the head with a flying golf ball during his next tee time.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
This is so horrible! I hope they find the person. Find the person and give me a golf club...

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
You guys are probably right of course. But surely someone saw this? And I hope this golfer actually gets caught/turned in. Though I'm not holding my breath.

ulkal

5 Year Member
This is horrible. Even if you're a careless person what does even motivate you to
hit a turtle like this for no reason? What I mean: you do not care,fine, but why
even actively hurt this animal? Bored playing golf?
Hope they catch them and they get what they deserve!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I very seldom do like people. I not only hope the person gets caught, but has to pay the whole fine and then wish they would let me be alone with him for only 5 minutes is all I need. It would be bye, bye birdie for him. The piece of, well I can't put it on here, but you can imagine.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
All I can say is WHY????this makes me mad as hell. To bad the turtle didn't get a chance to bite there finger off!!!!

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
All my martial arts training would not restrain me from kicking this man's teeth off.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I am really glad I was not there to witness this. Bad things might have happened.

clucey

5 Year Member
With ya on that one some homosapiens are just so detached!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using TortForum mobile app

haidao88

5 Year Member
I just hope karma is right and justice is slow and steady

My tortoise Peach hates apples
Mario loves Peaches
0.0.2 redfoot

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Well that was heart breaking... So many #$%* live in this world now a days... damn that one sperm that made it! DAMN YOU!

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
I didn't read the article (don't enjoy getting depressed) however, I can say emphatically that golfers can and often are some twisted sob's when the see a "target." When I was 17 I worked at the golf club driving range. ANY TIME we had to step out onto the range we became instant moving targets. When you are in the armored cart it isn't a big deal, just annoying, when you have to get out and fix something it becomes a very big deal. Sad to say the number of golf balls launched in your direction went up exponentially when you were out of the vehicle.

For about three months I was lucky and never got hit really solidly, then I got clocked on the forehead about 65-100 yrds out from the tees (the ball made it through the face mask on the helmet). Instant welt, nocked down and dazed, I looked up the green and three guys were high-fiving, laughing and pointing, with two of them giving one money. Mind you, while down other golfers were still knocking golf balls in an effort to hit "the target." I went FMT (Full Monkey Tilt) peeled back the helmet and charged the tee box the three A**Hats were occupying (at 17 I was 6' 2" defensive end weighing in at 190, now at 39 I am 6'1" and get winded bowling). The laughing stopped and a rush ensued to beat me to the parking lot with clubs falling everywhere. The manager, it turns out, saw everything and caught me about 20 cars deep into the valet parking a mere 5 yards from my primary target, who at this point was screaming like a self entitled 14 year old girl about the calling the police. They were kicked out of the club, and I was released from my duties as living target.

This happened to ALL of the poor young schmucks that were dumb enough to step onto the appropriately named RANGE for $.05 over minimum wage that summer, although apparently I was the only one with enough folly to chase and threaten the "guests."

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I went golfing once, and the people I was with, people I didn't know well, were trying to hit the birds, squirrels and rabbits they saw. After a few of their attempts I walked away and talked to the manager about it. He apparently warned them to stop doing that, but I had already left.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
mctlong said:
Isn't golfing suppose to be a relaxing, peaceful sport?

You'd think. But it seems to be stressful on many players, who keep trying to improve their game. And given that golf is often used as a business networking tool, and I think quite a few people are not there for the love of the game.

If it's true that some golfers also torment animals and other people on the course, then perhaps the character of golf and some of its players should be rethought. But I guess that's to be expected from a sport that requires huge tracts of land to be converted to lawns. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.