Sometimes it is hard to like humans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickie

5 Year Member
RE: A Turtle was found beaten at a golf course in Wisconsin. She died two days later

Ok, that honestly made me ill. It takes one sick person to do something like that to a turtle.

Leroy's_homeboy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SE Wisconsin
The golf course that this happened at is like 20 min from where I live. Its seriously disturbing how cruel people can be.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TortForum mobile app

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
RE: A Turtle was found beaten at a golf course in Wisconsin. She died two days later

was it a snapping turtle?

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA
Please allow me to clarify, I do NOT think all golfers are A**Hats. I do think there is a large contingent that are nice people. There is also a large contingent that doesn't think they will actually hurt anyone by having some seemingly harmless fun (didn't really think the consequences through, doesn't excuse the behavior). Then there are a few really bad ones like the person in the article ruin it for everyone.

EKLC

5 Year Member
Millerlite said:
A bunch of gopher tortoise in fl were killed because of a shoppin mall being built, they didn't even remove them from there dens. It's not only golf courses it's just everywhere we are building we take away from tortoises and turtles.

Just saying that they are not really environmentally sound, even though they look like a decent place for humans and wildlife to share

sulcalcifer

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Wisconsin
I live in Wisconsin and when I saw this on the news it deeply sadened me. I couldn't imagine ever doing such a thing to an innocent creature. I can't wait until those responsible are caught.

Pond_Lilly

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL

Laura said:

yes she was. And they said that she was trying to find a place to lay eggs when somebody beat her up.

Sterling Thunder

5 Year Member
Ashburn, VA

The good news is the golf club is cooperating and providing the names of all the people on the course at this time. Police should be able to narrow it down and apprehend the person or persons responsible.

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!

Pond_Lilly said:
Laura said:

yes she was. And they said that she was trying to find a place to lay eggs when somebody beat her up.

Thats even worse! That is just sick and words can't describe how mad things like this makes me! What causes you to do such a thing? Ugh the world these days.....

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Why would anyone do this? :'( :'( :'(

I also wish things like this weren't posted on this forum, I can't believe how upset this has made me :( poor little turtle. :( :(

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Turtle beaten to death

UGHHHHH I COULD STRANGLE SOMEONE!!!!! THIS MAKES MY HEART ACHE AND BLEED!!! Sure as hell if I ever saw someone doing this to any precious creature I'd take the club out of their hands and knock them out myself!!

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.