Someone stop me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
I'm seriously becoming addicted to tortoises!!!

Someone has kindly offered me a vivarium... well you all know what i'm thinking... LEOPARD HATCHLING or two. To grow up myself.

I'm planning on getting the "herd" sorted next year, or starting the herd. I was planning on getting 3 adults, then adding Squirt when she is older. Then getting a hatchling to grow up myself and add to the herd when it's older.
(It would have a safer, smaller separate outdoor enclosure for the hot days then the indoor vivarium till i was old enough to go onto Squirts table, as by then i'd hope Squirt will be with the herd)

Obviously the hatchling is because I wouldn't be able to keep any of the babies i breed myself because it would be wrong to add them to the herd... i doubt daddy tortoise would know the difference between his own child and a attractive female. I could set up another enclosure for my own babies but i'd rather keep my herd as small as possible and let the babies go on to nice homes.
But i want to grow up a baby so in years time I can go "look, this is how small x was when i got her" and be all proud mummy like.

So stop me now people before I post in the wanted section and buy myself some hatchling babies!

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
HHHHAAAHHAA im not going to stop you lol it will be fun to watch if you have the space!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Stop you? Hahahahahaahahaha...

OH did you come to the wrong place!!! That is the ONE kind of help we do NOT offer around here.

Now I'd be happy to share herd management strategies with you all day, but stopping... I'm afraid I don't know a whole lot about that...

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Haha! Don't worry Tom I'll be messaging you soon enough about herds and stuff :)

Terry Allan Hall said:
Anything under 35 can't really be considered an addiction... :rolleyes:

Trust me I'll be at 35 in no time if I don't stop designing and thinking of enclosures!

Yesterday I was planning an enclosure for some Hermanns, then I saw some russians in a shop and felt so sorry for them I nearly bought them home!

My OH is getting involved now. He wants to add to the herd when we get one and keeps finding photos of cute tortoises online and sending them too me!
Oops.. I think I may have started something! Mum thought I was bad with my horses, shes seen nothing yet!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Like everyone, I started with one. I now have 40 chelonians. Stop you? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that is FUNNY!!!!

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Wish I could help you but I'm trying to help myself, lol.

I have been looking at Russians lately. I don't know why but I think they are the cutest things. And today my husband told me that he likes the radiated torts. I didn't think that he was really into torts, lol. But I have to keep telling myself that we have to wait till we get a house of our own and not renting...

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Haha, I think I may be the only person wanting to settle on one.

Unfortunately, I think once you've considered two, you're going to consider more.

I think it's a choice of one, or one hundred. No middle-ground!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
As long as you have the space and time,it is a harmless addiction. And coming here is def. the wrong place to go to ask for help in stopping that addiction.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Kristina said:
Like everyone, I started with one. I now have 40 chelonians. Stop you? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that is FUNNY!!!!

You've got me beat Kristina, but just wait until my next clutch starts hatching...

cherylim said:
Haha, I think I may be the only person wanting to settle on one.

Unfortunately, I think once you've considered two, you're going to consider more.

I think it's a choice of one, or one hundred. No middle-ground!

I think you are right. So right...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I wont stop you, I have a space set aside for a few adult box turtles. I started this year with one tortoise, now I have 6 tort/turtles and counting...

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
dalano73 said:
I wont stop you, I have a space set aside for a few adult box turtles. I started this year with one tortoise, now I have 6 tort/turtles and counting...

Didn't your boxies used to be named Dot 1, Dot 2, and Dot 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.