Someone Stole One Of Our Tortoises

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
i haven't been able to post this for over a week. One of out desert tortoises was stolen from her yard, on the 18th. Her personal yard, is on the side of the house, and at certain times, it would be possible for someone on the property to see her. Her enclosure is surrounded by wall. There was no chance of escape.
We have used PawBoost to use social media to find her. We have posted fliers all over the city and adjoining areas, especially targeting food stores, colleges, high schools, etc. I will post on Craigslist, forever!
Her permit is on.
I feel bad for her! She had everything she needed and enjoyed, right here.
Hopefully, somehow we will get her back. The CTTC people I know are keeping their eyes out for her and are sharing her info.
:(:(

image.png

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am so sorry to hear this. Hope you get her back and she is in great shape and health. Be sure it's know that they cannot be sold. Most likely whoever took her thought they could make money selling her. I would also post if returned, no questions asked. Good luck, keep us posted

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I am so sorry to hear this. Hope you get her back and she is in great shape and health. Be sure it's know that they cannot be sold. Most likely whoever took her thought they could make money selling her. I would also post if returned, no questions asked. Good luck, keep us posted

Right Barb! I'm looking for her on " for sale" pages. On the flyer we are posting, it says " no questions asked".

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'm so sorry!! You must have a pit in your stomach! I really really hope you get her back!!!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Don't forget to post in the lost and found on TFO.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Omg!!!! How horrible!!!! I hope you find her soon. Consolation is that the person who took her is likely to know how to care for her. I don't imagine a random thief or burglar steeling a... tortoise. Whoever did it has a plan to either sell of breed her. Is she microchipped?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Dang it! I hate that people think it's ok to do this.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
K'........so sorry to hear this. If you and Mr. J need anything.....let me know. I can get the posse' together and we can head on up - Door to door!
I will keep my eyes peeled down south and make a few calls myself.
You know how to reach me ......

xx
J~

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
unfortunately people see big tortoise they think big money

Critterlover

Do you have any reptile stores in your area? A few years back, my friend's Sulcata was taken from her yard. But she called around to this reptile place in Berkeley, and he was there! She knows it was hers, because he had an old leg injury that was identifiable. I hope Bertha is found safe and sound...