Some Weeds I'm not sure about ?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Looks like it could well be. You really need the flowers to be sure for something like that.
Thanks for the info. It is safe where it is so I will wait for it to bloom and post a pic.
Spring is the season of uncertainty...
It is in my yard. I didn't dig a dock or whatever up today because of the weather. Tomorrow.

Kipley

Seattle, WA
The green and white variegated ground cover is safe to feed. It is a Lamium as mentioned. Also known as dead nettle or archangel. I've grown it for years and it naturalizes here in the PNW. The tortoise table lists it as safe to feed.

Len B

10 Year Member!
The green and white variegated ground cover is safe to feed. It is a Lamium as mentioned. Also known as dead nettle or archangel. I've grown it for years and it naturalizes here in the PNW. The tortoise table lists it as safe to feed.
Thank You.

Len B

10 Year Member!
It doesn't look like horseradish to me.zPicture 019.jpgzPicture 020.jpgSince they serve no porpoise and are basically an ugly plant, while the ground is super wet I am going to dig them all up. Hopefully I wont leave any pieces of the roots in the ground that will sprout later.

ZenHerper

New Jersey
That's dock.

(If you lick horseradish root, it tastes like, you know, horseradish.)

If you keep them trimmed short, before they go stalky, they make a nice shade plant for torts...

Len B

10 Year Member!
Here is another one that"s growing in the yard. Any Ideas ?Picture 003.4 1 2020.jpgThere are several large clumps growing in different areas but I spotted this loner with a bloom.Picture 007.4 1 2020.jpgThe bloom is attached to the plant with the leaves. I will get better pictures of sedum looking plant that's in the pic.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think this one is shown in my plant i.d. thread. Let me go take a look. . .