Some typical weeds in my backyard. Not sure edible or not

L

LasTortugasNinja

Last one looks like storksbill. Fed in moderation with a mixed diet it's fine. My tort doesn't like it tho. First one is something related to clover. Can't remember what it's called off the top of my head. My tort loves it. Others I'm not sure about. 2nd to the last looks almost like a tree sapling or a shrub. You are in Utah as well, so you can email the Agriculture guys at U of U, or the dept of Agricuture state people, and they have people who can ID really well. There is also a frequently held class about weeds held every year. Tells about what ones are beneficial to people and what are bad. You'd be surprised at how many beneficial weeds we have. Many are better than ibuprofen or Tylenol for daily aches and pains.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
Agreed the first one is a clover relative, maybe a hop clover or black medic. Has it ever flowered? Or bur clover, so many clover relatives! :) All safe in moderation.

I think the third and also the fifth are willowherb. Some willowherbs have showy purple flowers, others have purple or white flowers that are barely noticeable. Fine in moderation.

Agreed on storksbill geranium on the fourth. Fine in moderation.

I don’t know the others.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Newport Coast, CA
Oh, duh, that last one is probably a sow thistle; it’s hard to tell from the angle. Have you got a taller one or can you pull the grass around that one and take another photo a little further away?