Some of the "Slithery" Friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Here's a couple pictures of what's in the rest of my collection. Snakes and lizards began this hobby for me and they will always be apart of who I am.

That said... here's a few for the you to enjoy.

IMG_3321.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC01924.jpg

DSC01848.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

new-f-corn.jpg

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

IMG_5466.jpg

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Your are a fabulous photographer but number 6 looks like a rattler to me. What is he? He has the diamond head and fat body.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Nice pics ... great shot of the snake striking ... also dig the Woma!

JD~:)

TortBrain

5 Year Member
Designer balls. Sweet!
What are they fed with?
Great pics..

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
I have a lifelong, deep seeded fear of snakes. My interest in tortoises has been helping me to open my eyes to the rest of the reptile world, including snakes. That being said, it's proving to be a SLOW process. Beautiful pictures.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
What great pics! I have 2 ball pythons & can never seem to get such good pics. Thanks for sharing :)

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Marty333 said:
Angi said:
Your are a fabulous photographer but number 6 looks like a rattler to me. What is he? He has the diamond head and fat body.

I think thats a python ;)

Irian Jaya Carpet Python to be exact.

I will update with species of each snake later. Thanks for the compliments - unfortunately this is only a small chuck of what I have here. :(

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow!! They are all gorgeous!! Pic #4 looks fake :p

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
DSC01924.jpg

My daughter has a "tame" Lindheimer's Ratsnake that is usually acting just like this...in the case of Lindheimer's Ratsnakes, "tame" means it only bites you about 1/2 the time, but usually goes for the face!

Call me a wimp, but I much prefer my cornsnakes, Emory's Ratsnakes and Slowinski's Ratsnakes...not a biter in the bunch! :cool:

For that matter, my African Rock pythons are easier to work with...the male, Taergus, I raised from a 3-day old hatchling and is perfectly docile...the female, Nadia, is a bit excitable, but as long as I don't make a sudden move when she's in one of her moods, she's fine, too.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I LOVE your Beauties!!! VBBs are so breath-taking, and Taiwans are some of my favorite snakes. The moody ones are so silly, too... At least until they get big. ;) I used to have a TBS that would try to eat almost anything small enough to fit in her mouth... Even, on one occasion, a towel. Such funny snakes. :)

And that Candy cane Corn snake! Drool!!! It's just not often you see such a PERFECT example of the morph. That stark white background is just fantastic.

Thanks very much for sharing! (Did I mention, "drool"? :p)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Do you own all the snakes pictured? I miss my ball python (monty) she was a good snake always ate, never struck, had her for almost 20 years. I will of course be getting one soon from a rescue.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Floof said:
I LOVE your Beauties!!! VBBs are so breath-taking, and Taiwans are some of my favorite snakes. The moody ones are so silly, too... At least until they get big. ;) I used to have a TBS that would try to eat almost anything small enough to fit in her mouth... Even, on one occasion, a towel. Such funny snakes. :)

And that Candy cane Corn snake! Drool!!! It's just not often you see such a PERFECT example of the morph. That stark white background is just fantastic.

Agreed...that is the prettiest Cornsnake I've ever seen! My daughter has a Reverse Okeefe that is pretty sharp, but I now know (because she told me so) that we must find Candy Cane of our own. :p

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Lol, Terry! Your daughter has good taste! ;) There really is just nothing like a good Candy Cane...

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Floof said:

Thank you! I pride myself upon my collection. My VBBs and Taiwans are my favorites and have bred the VBBs last year and working on the Taiwans this year. The female VBBs I have here are full of **** and viniger but my male VBB is good and calm. He's about 7 1/2" long and all around a great snake!

Peppermint is the CandyCanes corns name. How original hey? I bought him for my wife when we first started dating as a Christmas present. She kept asking what I was getting her and I kept replying " a candy cane " lol. He is an exceptional example of a candy cane. I bought him from a LPS so I really have no idea where he originated. I have YET to see another one in person that would be a great pair for him.

dmmj said:
Do you own all the snakes pictured? I miss my ball python (monty) she was a good snake always ate, never struck, had her for almost 20 years. I will of course be getting one soon from a rescue.

Yes I own all of these snakes (the woma is technically sold - pending payment so I still have the right to post a picture lol)... I have kept about 50-60 different species of reptiles but I have been concentrating on only a few species. I am trying to convince my wife that if I can slim down a little in the snake department maybe she'll let me get another tortoise! lol

Floof said:
Lol, Terry! Your daughter has good taste! ;) There really is just nothing like a good Candy Cane...

Ain't that the truth... up here in Canada I have not seen anything as nice as mine personally. I would love to find a pair for him someday just to see if the babies would come out cleaner.

I was actually going to try and produce striped candy canes but I kind of gave up on that idea and sold off the female striped amels I was raising up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.