Some of the new rads

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
What kind of night time temperature do you shoot for with your rads.

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
I keep them in a covered rubbermaid container in my reptile room at night, allowing them outdoors in a mostly shaded secured outdoor pen during the day. In the container, the background temperature remains at seventy five at the lowest (during winter months it hovers around this, though it is usually in the mid eighties in the day with all the lights on) and eighty five at the highest (this time of year, it is consistently between seventy eight and eighty two, without any supplementary heating; I think the 300 gallon horse trough that houses the pink bellied sidenecks lends to the temperature stability, which I have heated to eighty two via a high wattage heater and a proportional thermostat). I've basically outfitted the environment to suit marginated tortoises' background temp needs, but it has turned out quite suitable toward the maintenance of the rads as well.

T.G.

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
I've basically followed the motto of don't let them get too cool, don't let them get too dry. The constant evaporation from the trough keeps the humidity level anywhere between sixty five and eighty five percent, depending upon how much ventilation I allow from the ceiling vent and the two doors that lead into the reptile room.

T.G.