Some of my facility photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
well the building in the left far back is solely for my HUGE sulcatas and leopards. the slanted part of the big building is the greenhouse. (daily rainfall is 150 gallons spread out over 6 times a day. and behind the slant part is the main building with numerous tort table set ups. i actuially had to add an additional building.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds great:D. Now, where are the pictures of all the torts. You know, we love pics:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
the two photos on the left is the new building. i believe i have created the perfect tort table facilty. i used two can lights per pen (which are recessed in the light valence above) controlled by switches 1 for night heat bulbs and 1 for mercury vapor. in the summer i have to use compact fleurescents so it doesnt get too hot. And yes they are ac and heated with propane heaters and obviously the heat builbs. always stays 80-89 year around. No hibernation for any of my torts.

i posted some photos on my "hi im a newbie" thread. i will post some in the photos thread shortly.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
its not too bad. im actually in the process of adding another facilty with a desert vivarium. all in i believe great natural enclosures make much happier torts. with the new facility it will total over 2300 spuare feet of tort buildings. Im a little obsessed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Does the green house rain fall supply the humidity for the torts enclosures or do they have their own humidity maker in their area?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What are the actual sizes of these individual enclosures we are seeing?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
The greenhouse stays relative humidity of 90 +%. The new Pens are 5 x 4 on top and 9 x 4 on bottom

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I had to take them down so I could post photos of the numerous different countries of redfoots I have in another thread. I'm getting them back up when I get off work. I apparently used too much megabyte space. I have too many : )

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
I cant wait to see these pictures when you repost them because they sound really cool according to everybody else's replies! And I have to say you have quite an impressive list of torts! :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
the one that looks unfinished is now finished thats the new building. the overall one you cant see the new building. the new building is just to the right in the picture if it were there. these are kinda old. im working on some new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.