Some help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flametorch

5 Year Member
Hello, sad to say but i think Kevlar may have septicemia... I'm not certain however the carapace of his shell had been turning a faded reddish pink. His plastron is fine, shell is hard, he's even passing waste. He has been sleeping a lot more and drinking a lot more though. I know what's best is vetenary care, but right now I just want to see some images of septicemia, like from severe cases, or anything matching a carapace turning pink. I'm a bit sad ): but not giving up hope.
Actually, he was only active recently, but around the same time the reddish color appeared. It started from one scute, and the next two days the main center scute, and two others. I also have reddish looking coconut coir that seems to just be a darker version of the red, but I highly doubt its a dye or anything. He is approximately, one year old, or 9 months old, Thanks

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Can you post pics?
Could it posibly be new growth that is looking a bit pink? Like fingernail cuticles???

Flametorch

5 Year Member
I'll get pics soon, but they're only on the scutes, not between them, and not red on the plasteron, only the carapace. He's active too, its like the pink on your finger nail, under his shell

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You usually notice septicemia on the plastron, and it shows between the scutes. Chances are, what you are seeing is from an external source, and not inside the tortoise. But a picture would be helpful.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.