Solomon island skink

JakeDevoe

5 Year Member
Does anyone know how I can adopt or rescue a monkey tailed skink? I want to adopt one or just get one from someone who can't keep it anymore instead of the thousands of dollars to buy one.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
It's a CITES II species so you'd have to know your country specific rules to know what if any permits are required. If you want a rare animal for free, you are going to be out of luck though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Years ago you could buy as many as you wanted for $30 each. I kept a few, but always got rid of them because my reptile enclosure were in my bedroom and the nocturnal habits of these guys kept waking me up.

Nowadays, they don't import any more and all we have is whatever can be captive bred.

It doesn't hurt to ask, but does it make sense to you that someone would give away an animal that is worth that much and should be part of a CB breeding project so that you can have a pet? If you had a rare and precious animal worth hundreds or thousands of dollars, would you give it away for free? I wouldn't. If I was going to part with it, I'd want it to go to an experienced keeper that would breed it.

BILBO-03

Well I don't think you will be able to adopt one because of the cost. So if you want one you'll probably have to pay full price,which is worth it! I don't think you should get one unless you plan on breeding. But you could get one now learn about them then maybe next year get one of the opposite sex.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Years ago I had one. This was before they were so Expensive! I paid less than $100 for mine back then.