soft shell: sign of MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixxy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire
No, not at all.

The baby food soaks, I can't imagine, would do any harm. It will either help or it won't.

Advice from a knowledgeable vet and a nice vet visit are always worth it in the long run.

Even if it's nothing, even if it's a 95% chance of being nothing..It's better to know, and know ahead of time. Sometimes they find something that you aren't even noticing, and can take care of it before it is a problem, that if left untreated, could be an issue.

6speedtitaniumr/t

5 Year Member
Amarillo Texas
futureleopardtortoise said:
Everything I read says that soft shell coincides with so many other symptoms that he just doesn't have, I'm so confused. I am starting the baby food soaks, I don't think he'll be able to get into the vet until Monday. I hope he'll be okay until then :(

I hope everything works out for you and Carl. :(

I will be watching this thread as i just got my Django a little over a week ago. I am told he is now 6 months old roughly and this worries me as well. But so far i have not seen any softness.

Just see what the vet says, and take it one day at a time.

Luck, Ryan

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
6speedtitaniumr/t said:
futureleopardtortoise said:
Everything I read says that soft shell coincides with so many other symptoms that he just doesn't have, I'm so confused. I am starting the baby food soaks, I don't think he'll be able to get into the vet until Monday. I hope he'll be okay until then :(

I hope everything works out for you and Carl. :(

I will be watching this thread as i just got my Django a little over a week ago. I am told he is now 6 months old roughly and this worries me as well. But so far i have not seen any softness.

Just see what the vet says, and take it one day at a time.

Luck, Ryan

Thank you. I will not be letting the vet give him any shots, and if he tries I'll have to look for a new reptile vet. I was so paranoid about getting everything right, letting him outside for 5+ hours every day, soaking him sometimes twice a day. I just can't imagine how this happened.

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
I have my fingers crossed for you and Carl. You seem like a wonderful owner, and I am sure this is not your fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.