SoCal Meeting Roll Call!

Will you be attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
This thread is a reminder and official head count for our first TFO meeting on Sunday, November 2 at 1:30pm. We will need Michael 'chelonologist' to suggest a park where we can all meet.
Who all will be there?

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Count me in! I'll bring the Private Reserve by watching this head-count ;)

Heya Doc! Where are we headed for, anyway?

Cya Soon,
Purpod

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
I'm checking around right now. Some really cool parks up near the mountains need a reservation. There are a couple of other nice city parks that would do that don't require a reservation that we could fall back on if we need to. I'll prioritize this and see if i can get an answer tomorrow...

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
I propose we meet at Eaton Canyon Natural Area, a Los Angeles County Park in Pasadena. There are several areas with picnic tables - we should be able to get at least one table on Sunday, as they normally don't all fill up. I'll get there early to reserve an area with two or three tables. Here are directions to the park:

From the 210 Freeway eastbound, exit at Sierra Madre Boulevard/Altadena Drive. Turn left (north) at the first light (Altadena Drive) and go 1.6 miles to the park entrance.

From the 210 Freeway westbound, exit at San Gabriel Boulevard/San Marino. Turn right (north) at the second light (Altadena Drive) and go 1.5 miles to the park entrance.

Eaton Canyon Natural Area is located at 1750 North Altadena Drive, one block north of New York Drive in Pasadena, California. There is a sign on the east side of the street which clearly marks the entrance to the Park.

There is a map at this link: http://www.ecnca.org/Information/NatureCenter/Directions_To_Canyon.htm

I have a digital detail map of the park that shows the locations of the picnic areas. I'll send it to anyone that requests it. I'll provide my cell phone number to anyone who requests a map so that you can call me on your way in and find out which area I've been able to reserve for us.

See you Sunday!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
:p Good Mornin' Peeps!

Hey, I'm all for it, however, I did want to note that the forecast for Sat. may include a 40% chance of rain, altho as the time grows closer, as better prediction may be available ~

Hoooray!
Purpod

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
heres a weather update...

30wp4b5.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
OK I will be there and bringing the Tort food (salad). I checked the Weather in the 91101 zipcode area for Pasadena and it shows a 30% chance of rain on Sunday (sorry Cory I couldn't read yours). Do we have an alternate plan if we are rained out?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
no alternate plan yet...
its gonna be hard to improvise because we can't take our own food to restaurants...

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Indeed, we can't BYOF to a restaurant, nor will our shelled friend Lil'Foot be welcomed in an eating establishment... so what do ya'll think, Peeps?

I'd hate to miss out on meeting everyone, including Lil'Foot!

And yes, HW Private Reserve will be in tow ;)
I'll keep my eyeballs posted as to what we're gonna have in case we get rained upon {not that I will melt, mind you; I may be sweeet, but I'm not made of only sugar, lol}

Keep in Touch ~
Purpod

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
okay it looks like the only people who are going to come are the following....

Josh
Crazy1
Purpod
Chelonologist
Spikethebest
101isthebest
LittleFoot

anyone else?

does everyone still want do it? i want to.

weather update--- looks like high will be 74 with partly cloudy skys. just a 20% chance of rain.

chelonologist

10 Year Member!
Redlands, California
My only concern is the weather. It's not that big of a deal for me to turn around and go home if it rains, but some folks are driving from a considerable distance. It would be a bad thing if those people drove all the way in and the skies decided to open up and rain on us, you know? If you guys are ok with taking that chance, I'm still up for meeting.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ok so those who are driving far are josh, purpod, and crazy1... what do you guys think? i'll let you decide. im close enough where it wont matter.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I agree with Michael, the weather is my concern. Do we change this up to a restaurant (pizza place) and not take the chance of getting rained on (that would leave little foot out of the meeting) or do we take the chance of getting rained on. I'll go with the majority. Whatever you all decide will be fine with me.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
if you want to go to a pizza place that is cool. my roommate owns a pizza place. its in zip code 91344. off the 118 freeway at balboa. i can still bring littlefoot since we own the place, but i will have to keep her in a large container. but there is grass across the street we can let her walk around.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Happy Hallows Eve, Peeps!

I look at it this way, if Lil'Foot can make the journey, so can I! :D

If someone can tell me a time, I'll be there with bells on :cool: Also, I'll need your number Doc, unless you know which area we will be at..? I'll be the purpod peep in the white Acura.

Enjoy your evenings ~
Cya soon,
Purpod

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hey Peeps ~

The skies here in Thousand Oaks are very dark, and the ground is quite wet.. are we meeting at the Pizza place on Balboa, are we going to the park, or what?
:)
Lemme know ~
Purpod

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
hey so whats the plan? the pizza place is called vincenzos pizza on balboa blvd at san fernando mission rd. my cell is 661-312-6311. please let me know what you guys decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.