Soaks for new torts

addyson123

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Hello,
I adopted a young adult Russian tortoise the other day and I want to soak him but I’m not sure if it would traumatize him since I haven’t had him for long and he isn’t used to me yet.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Soaks can never really be bad for a tort. Expect grumpy behavior no matter what- that is the way of the Russian. If they want necks rubs and shell scratches buy a lottery ticket! Welcome to TFO

addyson123

Oregon
Soaks can never really be bad for a tort. Expect grumpy behavior no matter what- that is the way of the Russian. If they want necks rubs and shell scratches buy a lottery ticket! Welcome to TFO
Hahaha I’ve noticed that. Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'd soak daily for two weeks if its a new one. Then cut back to two or three times a week for maintenance. I would have done it on day one.

addyson123

Oregon
I'd soak daily for two weeks if its a new one. Then cut back to two or three times a week for maintenance. I would have done it on day one.
Okay, great! I did it and actually seemed to enjoy it.

The Hutt

Tappan, NY
Daily soaks have been great for my little guy. It's almost like he's potty trained. Everyday he pees and poops during his soak, rarely ever in his enclosure.