So, yeah, they get really big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
lol

Would not surprise me if exactly that happened.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Sh3wulf said:
Amazing! Are they free range on the reserve with little human interaction? Just wondering if size occurred naturally cause, wow!

Ethiopian leopard tortoises get that big in the wild. They are naturally the biggest type of leopard tortoise.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
So cool and so glad Benny is not an Ethiopian, I can't afford the divorce lawyer I would need after my husband saw how big they got lol

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Sh3wulf said:
So cool and so glad Benny is not an Ethiopian, I can't afford the divorce lawyer I would need after my husband saw how big they got lol

My husband saw this and had a mini freak out... but calmed down when I explained that ours wont be this size!

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
LeopardTortLover said:
Torts before men anyday ladies ;)

Some days at least

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
I have to say, what beauties!

Thinking out loud here: I do wonder about those big leopards - Ethiopian and South African - and being that they share the range with the sulcata, I wonder if at some point, some where there was a meeting of the minds, if you will, and these big 'ums are actually the two species combined. To me, the big ones look sully-ish and remember, some of the South African leopards have that sulcata sweet personality.

Just throwing it out there. Don't know much about chelonian DNA tests, but would it show this possibility from way back?

Whatever it truly is, how they got to be so big, they are lovelies! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.