So this just happened...

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I'm outside, hose in hand, watering my mulberry trees. Then I get that feeling...

You know the one, the one that feels like something is crawling up your leg.

Well, most of the time that's our imagination, right? The wind just moved my pant leg...ignore it.

Nope...something is crawling up my leg, about to disappear under my capri length slacks (without proper identification prior to that...let's not go there..)

Gather courage to do battle with the audacious intruder...
slowly look down...????

THERE IT IS! Instead of some horrid 8 legged monster (sorry, Tom) or an arched tail 4 incher armed and ready to sting, this cute, adorable, perfect, beautiful 2 incher is making his way north on me! :)

He was happy to get on my hand, then on the wood to pose for pix. Then back on my hand to go back to the mulberry tree. ?

How marvelous it is that such an encounter can so lift one's spirits!

20200519_132059.jpg20200519_131954.jpg20200519_131904.jpg20200519_131825.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
How cool! I love observing wildlife.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing this. He is so cute and I’m curious to see if he’ll hang around your yard now.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
That's cool, Do you see the running around often?
I've never seen a baby so tiny before. I think he's the same kind that I have all over the place. I'd see 5-6 at one time in Chug's enclosure, and my cats like to lay at the sliding doors and watch them sun themselves.

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
Yay KarenSoCal! ?So very cool to have one of these lizards climb on you!. These lizards are really good to have them on your property, they eat the bad bugs such as noisy crickets and other yucky bugs such as cockroaches and beetles. Keeping your yard and home pesticide free and organic is good for your family and the animals in your yard.

L

LasTortugasNinja

I used to love the lizards in the neighborhood as a kid. My parents had a cement block fence and we'd have HUNDREDS of the little guys on the fence to warm up every morning. They'd all be doing push-ups to intimidate each other, but we'd joke that they were doing their morning exercises.

Nasty neighbor kids that also had lizards on their wall would try to hit the lizards with tennis balls. Hopefully today they are either in a state pen or working the fry station.

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland
I used to love the lizards in the neighborhood as a kid. My parents had a cement block fence and we'd have HUNDREDS of the little guys on the fence to warm up every morning. They'd all be doing push-ups to intimidate each other, but we'd joke that they were doing their morning exercises.

Nasty neighbor kids that also had lizards on their wall would try to hit the lizards with tennis balls. Hopefully today they are either in a state pen or working the fry station.
They probably are. I never can understard why people want to hurt innocent animals and kids. The Japanese have a phrase: "bachi ga ataru“, meaning something bad will happen to you if your actions are malicious.