SO, the horsey back ride

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I was telling my daughter about a family that had come over to have a look at my tortoises. They had with them a little girl about 9 or 10 months old. She was just really thrilled with seeing the tortoises. And when we went into the Aldabran yard, the dad set her on So's back. So was walking around with this little baby on his back and the baby was kicking her legs and waving her arms with the biggest grin on her face. She LOVED it!!

So yesterday my daughter had Cyrus, my one year old great grandson, for the day and she brought him over to see if we could get a photo of this same act. No dice. He didn't want anything to do with it.

Cyrus - tortoise 07-23-14.JPG

ben awes

5 Year Member
Fantastic Yvonne! Love the shot. Can't wait till kids can take a ride on Uncle Bri! Actually, the timing should be perfect for my grandkids to ride him. My sons are 18 and 15, give them 10 - 15 years to start having kids, Uncle Bri should be good to go!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sorry you didn't get the shot you wanted, but this one is great because of his expression any how. :)

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
I would try again sometime. I used to work at the pony rides as a young girl and was often able to turn the screaming toddlers around. Does he have a favored blankie or huggie toy that you can convince him WANTS to go for a ride.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
A hundred years ago, when I was a kid we used to go to the Bronx Zoo and they had rides like that. My sister told me I did the same thing....scream my brains out. My Dad had many box turtles at the time, but I guess the big one's scared me too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is a keeper of a pic for sure. Like the kids who see Santa for the first time. When he gets a little older, you will be fighting him to get off.