So So luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz California
Ok Humpfree's basking light went out we can wait a little while since it's really warm weather but sometime soon I'm going to have to buy him a new one.But here's my Question what would be a high price for a basking light.I'm asking this because I think I got an extremly high price when Humpfree's UVB light had been used for six months.It was $50 for that UVB light!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i just use a regular light bulb as a basking light.
i'd say they cost about a dollar

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Does Humpfree ever go outside?
If my UVB bulb ever goes out I do as Josh suggested..I use a regular light bulb.. for heat. He'll be fine if he gets outside sunshine.
If he never gets natural UVB I wouldn't skimp. As I stated in the products area..I love the Megaray they have both heat and UVB plus they dont seem as delicate as some others Ive tried.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I also use regular light bulbs for heat only. They work great and can be controlled by wattage as long as you have the uvb source.

T-P

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Coventry, England
A uvb light in UK will cost as little as £20, and a normal house bulb will cost as little as 50 pence.

All you need is a wire with a plug, and a light fitment for the house bulb to go into.
if your fitment has blown, aswell as your light you can buy them cheap enough, or if you wanted just buy a desktop lamp, with a flexible stand so you can point the light down for heat, just burry the wire and light base under the substrate..it works quite well actually.
and it saves alot of wires trailing all around your enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.