So..should a pet store smell so bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

desertsss

5 Year Member
Old thread, but wanted to give a little update. I still go there to get my substrate/ bulbs, and so forth. So the last time I went, I just kind of asked the guys about every single pet they had, saying I was looking for another, maybe a lizard, or turtle, maybe even a snake. After walking around for an hour with the owner, I realized part of the problem.
A lot of the animals they get, get donated to them with health problems. So half of the store are not for sale until weeks after they have been treated/cleaned/fed, so on and so forth. There were a couple rats in cages with snakes that had not been eaten yet, Crickets hopping around in a few places, and although the mouse cage was a little overpopulated, nothing for any cause of concern. The smell wasn't that bad this time either than extreme stink of substrate. After speaking with the owner and the main worker, it came to my conclusion, I must have came in on the day before they redid all homes for all the creatures. I don't think their timing is perfect for cleaning all of them, but they are definitely not being neglected. I was very pleased to find this out. No little creatures had mites or anything, and only a couple of the new comers were being treated for health problems which they had prior to the store adopting. (Only reason I believe is because I was there before and they really were new comers)
So, until I see another problem that raises my suspicions, I say they are ok in my book. Pretty knowledgable too. I hope they maintain the good work or else I will be right back on their booties.

Status
Not open for further replies.